Coordinator, Recovery Program
- Shift: Day
The Northern Shenandoah Valley Substance Abuse Coalition (NSVSAC) is a coalition of law enforcement, health care, substance abuse treatment and youth advocacy organizations and families impacted by substance abuse and addiction in the Winchester region.
Who We Are
Valley Health System is a not-for-profit network of hospitals, urgent cares, physician practices, and services. Expanding across Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland, we are devoted to the health of all who call our 18-county area home.
A vital resource for healthcare, we are the region’s largest employer, a dependable community partner, and are at the leading edge of clinical innovations.
We are looking for passionate, innovative, and caring people who will each bring their unique skills and perspectives to our workplace.
What You Will Do:
The Coordinator will be responsible for developing, coordinating, and overseeing the peer recovery specialist program; providing guidance to certified peer recovery specialists, developing the Drug Treatment Court's Alumni Program, attending and facilitating program development meetings, working with the Team to increase programming for addiction in the community, and assisting with office duties including updating social media and website content.
The incumbent will coordinate and plan three annual community events and will be trained to fill-in as Drug Court Coordinator as needed.
What You Will Bring:
High School Diploma required. Associates, or Bachelors, preferred
Two years office experience required
Two years working in recovery community required
Certification & Licensures
Certified Peer Recovery Specialist preferred
- General knowledge and understanding of mental illness and substance use disorders required
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles and components of recovery required
- Knowledge of the local mental health/substance use disorder local systems as well as various services available in the community including public, private, and volunteer organizations required
- Good personal management skills - time management, organization, dependability and independence required
- Strong communication skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office required
- Experience with social media and website content creation
- Demonstrates knowledge of filing systems and methods, computers, and other common office equipment required
What You Will Get:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible scheduling
- Onsite Childcare (available at some locations)
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
*some benefits are subject to change due to job status
We celebrate, support, and thrive on our differences for the benefit of our employees, our patients, and the communities we serve.
We are neighbors caring for neighbors, and our goal is always to help those we serve get well, feel well, and stay well.
Criminal Background Checks
VA State Police
3rd party Background Check
6 A Customer Service