Respiratory Therapist Per Diem
To see if this position qualifies for a sign-on bonus, click here: Valley Health Sign-On Bonuses
Please Note: To protect our patients, our workforce and our community, Valley Health is requiring that all newly hired employees and internal transfers (current employees requesting internal transfers) must have received at least one COVID-19 vaccination dose. Newly hired Applicants (those not currently employed by Valley Health) who have been offered a position will have to provide documentation of their vaccination status at the time of their Employee Health appointment. For internal transfers, Employee Health will contact you if they have questions around your vaccination status. Valley Health has a process for applicants who have been offered a position to request an exemption or deferral for medical or religious reasons. To search for vaccine locations, visit vaccines.gov.
- Entity: Winchester Medical Center
- Shift: Rotating
Who We Are
Valley Health System is a not-for-profit network of hospitals, urgent cares, physician practices, and services. Expanding across Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland, we are devoted to the health of all who call our 18-county area home.
A vital resource for healthcare, we are the region’s largest employer, a dependable community partner, and are at the leading edge of clinical innovations.
We are looking for passionate, innovative, and caring people who will each bring their unique skills and perspectives to our workplace.
What You Will Do:
As a Per Diem (flex) RT, you will not participate on the clinical ladder. Per Diem (flex) RT work assignments are contingent on work experience and the employee maintaining the required specific competencies per the area.
The Respiratory Therapist cares for patients in the neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric age groups. This individual provides services in accordance with specific physician orders, department policies, procedures and protocols. This individual is responsible for patient assessments, patient education, implementation of therapy and the evaluation of the effectiveness of therapy. It is the responsibility of the Respiratory Therapist to be an active participant in a multidisciplinary team in communicating the needs of the patient with the physician and members of the care health team.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
• Performs non-invasive SpO2 monitoring through pulse oximetry via overnight studies, exercise, continuous and spot checks. • Administers all therapy modalities to patients per physician orders and/or protocols/policies. • Performs airway clearance therapy, including vest • Performs basic operations on the Epic system. • Performs regular equipment rounds. • Performs equipment cleaning and set up. • Sets up and operates CPAP/Bi-PAP therapy. • Performs arterial puncture and blood gas analysis. • Responds and participates in Rapid Response situations. • Responds and participates in all code blue situations. • Responds and participates in all trauma activations. • Initiates, operates, and monitors mechanical ventilators. • Assists in bedside therapeutic bronchoscopies. • Assists in intubations as needed.
What You Will Bring:
Associates Respiratory Therapy
1 Years preferred
Certification & Licensures
Respiratory Care Practitioner License in Virginia Required within 45 days of hire
Registered Respiratory Therapist preferred
BLS Certification (Basic Life Support) - AHA approved required within 45 days of hire
ACLS Certification (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) preferred
AARC Member preferred
NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Provider) Certification preferred
RT Per Diem (flex)
• Strong motivational and organization skills.
• Strong time management skills.
• Ability to handle moderate to high stressful situations in a calm and conscientious manner.
• Strong verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrates competency and performs consistently under non-routine conditions and complex situations.
• Models behavior in alignment with the organizational values.
What You Will Get:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible scheduling
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
*some benefits are subject to change due to job status
We celebrate, support, and thrive on our differences for the benefit of our employees, our patients, and the communities we serve.
We are neighbors caring for neighbors, and our goal is always to help those we serve get well, feel well, and stay well.
Criminal Background Checks
VA State Police
3rd party Background Check
23 A Therapist