Advanced Practice Clinician
To see if this position qualifies for a sign-on bonus, click here: Valley Health Sign-On Bonuses
- Entity: Page Memorial Hospital
- Shift: Day
This position is responsible for providing medical services to patients. Such medical services may include history and physician examination, evaluation of specific illnesses and/or injuries and planning for the effective treatment of diseases or injuries, both chronic and acute primarily in an ambulatory setting in collaboration with other advanced practice clinicians and physicians. Duties assigned include but are not limited to: Rounding on inpatients on the medical surgical floor as needed; evaluating and treating primary care patients with acute and chronic illness in the ambulatory setting; performing admission histories and physicals for patients being admitted to the inpatient setting from the emergency department or ambulatory setting as needed. Weekly hours will routinely include Saturday and Sunday assignments and evenings.
Graduate of a physician assistant program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on the Education of Physician Assistants (ARC-PA) OR
Graduate of a nationally accredited school of nursing with Bachelors in nursing and Masters Degree in advanced practice nursing.
Previous community health and wellness services experience desired as well as prior experience in an office setting for one year in primary care or emergency care is preferred.
Knowledgeable in the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological stages of human growth and development
Possesses and maintains an unrestricted license to practice as a PA or an NP in Virginia
Possesses and maintains an unrestricted DEA license to prescribe in Virginia
Maintains and provides proof of CME requirements as put forth by the Virginia Board of Medicine or Joint Board of Medicine and Nursing.
Recertification, if required, is necessary
AHA BLS Certification within 30 days of hire if not already certified.
PA board certified by the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
NP board certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner OR Dual Boarded as Adult/Gerontological and Pediatric Nurse Practitioner-Primary Care
BLS Certification (Basic Life Support) - American Heart ‘Healthcare Provider’ (HCP) - AHA approved required *
* New hires must have American Heart Association (AHA) appropriate certification prior to completion of orientation. · Eligibility to prescribe Schedule III drugs in accordance with the regulations of the Commonwealth of Virginia is required
· Must be thoroughly familiar with the principles and practice of a PA or NP.
· Must possess well-developed interpersonal skills to work smoothly and productively with patients as well as administrative, nursing and physician staff members
· Must possess highly developed organizational skills and be very reliable, as this position requires daily access to patient information, which is extremely confidential.· Must be able to perform activities that involve an independent evaluation or treatment of a patient's medical condition.
· Must possess background information in the biological, behavioral, medical and nursing services relevant to the practice as a physician's assistant and possess knowledge of the legal, ethical and professional esponsibilities of a physician's assistant.
· Must be willing to receive additional training, as needed, and remain current on the skills necessary for the performance of required duties.
· Successful completion of an AHA ACLS course if required within 30 days of hire date.
· The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status, and interpret the appropriate information needed in order to provide care for the age group of patients served.
· 90-day notice of resignation is required.
Criminal Background Checks
VA State Police
3rd party Background Check
16 B Advanced Practice Clinician