- Shift: Day
Who We Are
Valley Health System is a not-for-profit network of hospitals, urgent cares, physician practices, and services. Expanding across Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland, we are devoted to the health of all who call our 18-county area home.
A vital resource for healthcare, we are the region’s largest employer, a dependable community partner, and are at the leading edge of clinical innovations.
We are looking for passionate, innovative, and caring people who will each bring their unique skills and perspectives to our workplace.
What You Will Do:
Radiologic Technician performs surgical related radiology and fluoroscopy, including portable and/or procedures, for patients of all ages from neonatal to geriatric. This position facilitates the delivery of family-centered care for patients in the surgical suite including vital signs, dressing, transport, verification of checklists, and other duties as needed. Ability to perform duties relating to operating room turn and over terminal clean, materials and equipment selection for the surgery center, and data entry as needed.
2 Years Fluoroscopy in Operating Room
Certification & Licensures
ARRT (R) Registered or registry eligible required *
BLS Certification (Basic Life Support) - American Heart ‘Healthcare Provider’ (HCP) - AHA approved required **
* with satisfactory completion of an AMA accredited Radiology Technology Program within 6 mo
** New hires must have American Heart Association (AHA) appropriate certification prior to completion of orientation
• ARRT (R) Registered or registry eligible with satisfactory completion of an AMA accredited Radiology Technology program. Winchester Medical Center Medical Radiography program students who have successfully completed 18 months of training may be considered eligible for hire as determined by the program director. Registry must be obtained within 6 months of date of hire
• Competence in performing examination and procedures on patients of all ages
• Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development and competence in providing Radiologic Services for patients of all ages including neonate, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric
• Ability to work under stress and maintain professional attitude in dealing with upset or uncooperative patients and in working with all levels of employees and staff members
What You Will Get:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible scheduling
- Onsite Childcare (available at some locations)
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
*some benefits are subject to change due to job status
We celebrate, support, and thrive on our differences for the benefit of our employees, our patients, and the communities we serve.
We are neighbors caring for neighbors, and our goal is always to help those we serve get well, feel well, and stay well.
Criminal Background Checks
VA State Police
3rd party Background Check
13 A Imaging