Organizational Excellence Facilitator
COVID-19 VACCINE INFORMATION: To protect our patients, our workforce and our community, Valley Health is requiring that all newly hired employees and internal transfers (current employees requesting internal transfers) be fully vaccinated. Newly hired Applicants (those not currently employed by Valley Health) who have been offered a position will have to provide documentation of their vaccination status at the time of their Employee Health appointment. For internal transfers, Employee Health will contact you if they have questions around your vaccination status. Valley Health has a process for applicants who have been offered a position to request an exemption or deferral for medical or religious reasons. To search for vaccine locations, visit vaccines.gov.
- Entity: Valley Health Corporate
- Shift: Day
Who We Are
Valley Health System is a not-for-profit network of hospitals, urgent cares, physician practices, and services. Expanding across Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland, we are devoted to the health of all who call our 18-county area home.
A vital resource for healthcare, we are the region’s largest employer, a dependable community partner, and are at the leading edge of clinical innovations.
We are looking for passionate, innovative, and caring people who will each bring their unique skills and perspectives to our workplace.
What You Will Do:
An Organizational Excellence Facilitator plays a key role at Valley Health: Collaborate across the Quality and Patient Safety organization to identify and act on opportunities to improve quality and patient safety outcomes. • Support the high reliability cultural transformation. • Advance the culture of safety. • Collaborate with operational leaders and provide facilitation services to support their solving of issues raised through post-event analysis, data trend analysis, and/or other sources. • Promote the use of a Robust Performance Improvement (RPI) platform in problem solving. • Use quality and patient safety data to provide strategic direction and support to system and/or facility leaders as they develop and execute plans to achieve VHS’s strategic objectives. • Engage all members of the VHS team in the application of RPI methodologies and cross-functional teamwork.
Organizational Excellence Facilitators provide coaching for the following functions: Quality, Performance Improvement, and High Reliability Program. They must be able to work with a wide range of partners, from front-line staff to executives, both independently as well as in leading teams.
As an experienced professional, Organizational Excellence Facilitators must be:
• ready and able to train (formally and informally) and advise others., • be skilled problem solvers and change leaders, and • have significant experience in change management, and • experience in Lean, Six Sigma, or another problem solving methodology • Collaborates with leaders across the organization to: o Facilitate alignment between improvement initiatives and the organizations strategic plan o Provide oversight to teams designing and implementing processes for new initiatives, services and other targets identified by VHS leadership o Support the design, coordination, and maintenance of the VHS patient safety program • Focuses on improving the value delivered by VHS including the improvement of clinical outcomes, patient experience, patient safety, costs, revenue, productivity, efficiency, employee and physician engagement/alignment, and process reliability. • Serves as an internal consultant to administration, staff, and physicians in the areas of regulatory, process improvement, performance monitoring, and statistical analysis. • Promotes a collaborative environment with operational leaders, physicians and staff. • Serves in a highly visible leadership role, working collaboratively across the enterprise and externally to provide a state, and national presence for the program, and be seen as a leader in quality and safety. • Ability to work with people in a tactful, diplomatic manner and possess good judgment and discretion in dealing with both internal and external customers and regulatory agencies.
What You Will Bring:
Bachelors in Engineering, Finance, Healthcare, or related field required
Masters in healthcare, business, or related field preferred
10 years overall work experience preferred
Five years relevant (healthcare or change management) work experience preferred
Proven experience in change management required
Direct experience in Lean, Six Sigma, and/or High Reliability strongly preferred
Clinical, healthcare consulting, or military experience strongly preferred
Certification & Licensures
CPHQ, Lean, Six Sigma, or Project Management preferred
• Team-player who models the VHS values
• Strong interpersonal skills to influence and guide employees, managers, directors, physicians, and other external parties required
• Proven ability to train and coach employees at all levels throughout organization on various problem solving tools and methodologies, including executive-level coaching
• Experience in Lean daily management preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint required
• Proficiency in Excel, Visio, and/or MiniTab strongly preferred
• Ability to communicate complex concepts in simple form for audience to understand the appropriate use and limits of the information provided them, including one-on-one or small group training sessions
• Ability to develop new training material and content as needed
• Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
• Strong understanding of both quantitative and qualitative data, and able to use it in helping teams to implement innovative solutions to difficult and complex problems, many of which may be abstract in nature
• Strong oral and written presentations skills to make effective oral presentations and prepare concise written reports to a variety of audiences, and ability to prepare and coach others to do the same
• Capable of independent and holistic thinking – able to identify trends and weak signals across an organization, and identify potential common causes
• Experience with EPIC desired
• Ability to learn unfamiliar concepts quickly
• Ability to effectively manage a complex, dynamically changing schedule around the needs of customers and bring a marketing mentality in providing exceptional customer service to clients
• Work effectively in a team environment and be a supportive contributor in team matters required
• Ability to conduct self professionally and capable of developing and maintaining positive, service oriented relationships with all levels of healthcare professionals, both internal and external to VHS, as well as Board members, administration and others
• Ability to plan, coordinate and prioritize resources
• Dedicated to pursuit of continual self-development. Must possess the desire to learn and grow
What You Will Get:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible scheduling
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
*some benefits are subject to change due to job status
We celebrate, support, and thrive on our differences for the benefit of our employees, our patients, and the communities we serve.
We are neighbors caring for neighbors, and our goal is always to help those we serve get well, feel well, and stay well.
Criminal Background Checks
VA State Police
3rd party Background Check
3 A Administration