Patient Care Tech/LPN
- Shift: Day, Evening, Night with Rotating Weekends
Who We Are
Valley Health System is a not-for-profit network of hospitals, urgent cares, physician practices, and services. Expanding across Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland, we are devoted to the health of all who call our 18-county area home.
A vital resource for healthcare, we are the region’s largest employer, a dependable community partner, and are at the leading edge of clinical innovations.
We are looking for passionate, innovative, and caring people who will each bring their unique skills and perspectives to our workplace.
What You Will Do:
The role of Patient Care Tech/LPN is an important position on our team which works with other staff in achieving high quality, patient centered care. This position requires the desire and ability to work with all types of patients from pediatrics to geriatrics. Performs direct basic patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse. Is responsible for carrying out limited treatment as assigned. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
• Delivers and maintains optimum patient care through implementation of medical and nursing orders according to established policies and procedures.
• Assists the provider in evaluating patient responses to clinical condition and effectiveness of treatment. Also assists provider in assessment of the physical, psychological and social assessment of assigned patients.
• Effectively communicates, obtains and interprets information in a manner appropriate to the age and developmental level of the patient.
• Administers prescribed therapy and medications safely while using 2 patient identifiers and as ordered and documents in EMR appropriately. • Review discharge information with patient and assess for understanding as needed. • Provides competent assessment, care and treatment appropriate to the age of patients served as detailed and determined through the unit specific Scope of Care, Competency/Skills Checklists, and In-service Training. • Demonstrates effort to improve patient satisfaction scores to hospital standards as noted by specific acts, conversations, and/or feedback. • Based on previous assessments, recognizes changes in the patient’s condition and communicates these changes to the team leader, resource nurse and/or physician. • Identifies own educational needs; sets goals for self-growth, and plan for annual accomplishment of goals.
What You Will Bring:
High School Diploma or GED required
Graduate of a state accredited school of nursing
Certification & Licensures
LPN Nursing License required *
BLS Certification (Basic Life Support) - American Heart ‘Healthcare Provider’ (HCP) - AHA approved required **
* Licensed in the State of Virginia or West Virginia, based on specific job posting, prior to commencing employment. Licensure to practice in the secondary state of assignment is required within 90 days of employment.
** New hires must have American Heart Association (AHA) appropriate certification prior to completion of orientation.
Excellent communication skills required
Knowledgeable in the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological stages of human growth and development required
The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status, and interpret the appropriate information needed in order to provide care for the age group of patients served.
Excellent customer service skills required
What You Will Get:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible scheduling
- Onsite Childcare (available at some locations)
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
*some benefits are subject to change due to job status
We celebrate, support, and thrive on our differences for the benefit of our employees, our patients, and the communities we serve.
We are neighbors caring for neighbors, and our goal is always to help those we serve get well, feel well, and stay well.
Criminal Background Checks
VA State Police
3rd party Background Check
20 A Nursing, Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA), Patient Care Tech.