Certified Nursing Assistant
To see if this position qualifies for a sign-on bonus, click here: Valley Health Sign-On Bonuses
Please Note: To protect our patients, our workforce and our community, Valley Health is requiring that all newly hired employees and internal transfers (current employees requesting internal transfers) must have received at least one COVID-19 vaccination dose. Newly hired Applicants (those not currently employed by Valley Health) who have been offered a position will have to provide documentation of their vaccination status at the time of their Employee Health appointment. For internal transfers, Employee Health will contact you if they have questions around your vaccination status. Valley Health has a process for applicants who have been offered a position to request an exemption or deferral for medical or religious reasons. To search for vaccine locations, visit vaccines.gov.
- Entity: Winchester Medical Center
- Shift: Rotating
Who We Are
Valley Health System is a not-for-profit network of hospitals, urgent cares, physician practices, and services. Expanding across Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland, we are devoted to the health of all who call our 18-county area home.
A vital resource for healthcare, we are the region’s largest employer, a dependable community partner, and are at the leading edge of clinical innovations.
We are looking for passionate, innovative, and caring people who will each bring their unique skills and perspectives to our workplace.
What You Will Do:
The CNA, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse, performs routine personal care duties for patients. Maintains a safe environment and reports any problems. Supports the Winchester Rehabilitation Center’s and Winchester Medical Center’s mission and vision. Once experienced, may act as a preceptor in the orientation of new CNA's.
What You Will Bring:
High School Diploma strongly preferred
Certification & Licensures
Registry of the Board of Nursing as a Certified Nurse Aide required *
BLS Certification (Basic Life Support) - American Heart ‘Healthcare Provider’ (HCP) - AHA approved required **
* Must be listed on the relevant Registry of the Board of Nursing as a Certified Nurse Aide in Virginia and/or West Virginia based on work location(s) within Valley Health. ** New hires must have American Heart Association (AHA) appropriate certification prior to completion of orientation.
• Must understand basic principles of human growth and development • Must be competent to successfully interact with patients according to their special needs which may apply based on the age of the patient served • Must have a reliable means of phone communication with hospital • Will be required to obtain Valley Health provided annual flu vaccination if employed in Long-Term Care clinical areas
What You Will Get:
At Valley Health, we believe everyone is a caregiver, and our goal is to create an environment where our caregivers thrive physically, financially, and emotionally. In addition to a competitive salary, our most popular benefits for full-time employees include:
• A Zero-Deductible Health Plan
• Dental and vision insurance
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Tuition Assistance
• Retirement Savings Match
• A Robust Employee Assistance Program to help with many aspects of emotional wellbeing
• Membership to Healthy U: An Incentive-Based Wellness Program
Valley Health also offers a health savings account & flexible spending account for childcare, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and professional development. In addition, several perks come with working for the largest employer in the region, such as discounts to on-campus dining, and more.
To see the full scale of what we offer, visit valleyhealthbenefits.com.
We celebrate, support, and thrive on our differences for the benefit of our employees, our patients, and the communities we serve.
We are neighbors caring for neighbors, and our goal is always to help those we serve get well, feel well, and stay well.
Criminal Background Checks
VA State Police
3rd party Background Check
20 A Nursing, Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA), Patient Care Tech.