Improvement Technology Administrator
Please Note: To protect our patients, our workforce and our community, Valley Health is requiring that all newly hired employees and internal transfers (current employees requesting internal transfers) must have received at least one COVID-19 vaccination dose. Newly hired Applicants (those not currently employed by Valley Health) who have been offered a position will have to provide documentation of their vaccination status at the time of their Employee Health appointment. For internal transfers, Employee Health will contact you if they have questions around your vaccination status. Valley Health has a process for applicants who have been offered a position to request an exemption or deferral for medical or religious reasons. To search for vaccine locations, visit vaccines.gov.
- Entity: Valley Health Corporate
- Shift: Day
Who We Are
Valley Health System is a not-for-profit network of hospitals, urgent cares, physician practices, and services. Expanding across Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland, we are devoted to the health of all who call our 18-county area home.
A vital resource for healthcare, we are the region’s largest employer, a dependable community partner, and are at the leading edge of clinical innovations.
We are looking for passionate, innovative, and caring people who will each bring their unique skills and perspectives to our workplace.
What You Will Do:
The Improvement Technology Administrator is a valuable resource of both the Quality, Clinical Data team (solid line) and the Laboratory team (dotted line). The main functions of this role are to identify actionable information from Valley Health’s multiple data sources, and to support the larger Quality and Patient Safety team in the use of those systems. This role is not defined by database administration or data analysis, it requires working both independently and as part of a team to connect the information to Valley Health’s purpose.
The Improvement Technology Administrator shall, throughout Valley Health System:
• Serve as the internal expert and super-user on various hardware and software technology platforms used by the Quality and Patient Safety team, to provide general systems administration and support of those platforms, applications, and devices. Examples may include LENS, SLS, RiskQual, and others. • Directly data mine those systems to identify weak signals and emerging trends in performance, and then work with internal teams to prioritize and develop action plans. Develop capability to aid others from the team in more effective use of those resources. • Directly data mine those Lab data systems to identify weak signals and emerging trends in performance, and then work with internal teams to prioritize and develop action plans. • Collaborate with Information Systems and applicable platform vendors to: maintain stable system environment, troubleshoot and correct problems relating to applications, and identify VHS-wide application requirements. • Concisely communicate concepts to other team members with varying levels of computer understanding. • Serve as central point of contact for prioritization, monitoring, tracking, and resolution of applicable service and/or enhancement requests external to Valley Health. • Supports users in the successful setup, testing, and training of staff using various technologies. • Research, evaluate, and make recommendations on new platforms that help achieve operational and strategic goals. • Create new features, improve existing functionality, and brainstorm new ideas to maximize impact of Valley Health’s Quality and Patient Safety technology platforms.
What You Will Bring:
Bachelors in Science, Engineering, Finance, Healthcare, Information Systems, or related field required
Masters in healthcare, classical science, clinical laboratory science, or related field preferred
Four years overall work experience required
Two years relevant (healthcare, change management, or IT) work experience required
Proven experience in change management required
Experience in evaluating, analyzing, and acting upon clinical data strongly preferred
Direct experience in Lean, Six Sigma, and/or High Reliability strongly preferred
Clinical, healthcare consulting, or military experience strongly preferred
Certification & Licensures
CPPS, CPHQ, Lean, or Six Sigma desired
• Team-player who models the VHS values.
• Strong interpersonal skills to influence and guide employees, managers, directors, physicians, and other external parties required.
• Proven ability to train and coach employees at all levels throughout organization on use of various problem solving tools and methodologies, including executive-level coaching.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint required. Proficiency in Excel, Visio, Tableau and/or MiniTab strongly preferred.
• Ability to communicate complex concepts in simple form for audience to understand the appropriate use and limits of the information provided to them.
• Ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
• Must possess a strong understanding of both quantitative and qualitative data, and able to use it in helping teams to implement innovative solutions to difficult and complex problems, many of which may be abstract in nature.
• Must have very strong oral and written presentations skills to be able to make effective oral presentations and prepare concise written reports to a variety of audiences, and be able to prepare and coach others to do the same.
• Must be capable of independent and holistic thinking – able to identify trends and weak signals across an organization, and identify potential common causes.
• Experience with EPIC desired.
• Ability to learn unfamiliar concepts quickly.
• Must work effectively in a team environment and be a supportive contributor in team matters.
• Must conduct self professionally and be capable of developing and maintaining positive, service oriented relationships with all levels of healthcare professionals, both internal and external to VHS, as well as Board members, administration and others.
• Ability to plan, coordinate and prioritize resources.
• Dedicated to pursuit of continual self-development. Must possess the desire to learn and grow.
What You Will Get:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible scheduling
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
*some benefits are subject to change due to job status
We celebrate, support, and thrive on our differences for the benefit of our employees, our patients, and the communities we serve.
We are neighbors caring for neighbors, and our goal is always to help those we serve get well, feel well, and stay well.
Criminal Background Checks
VA State Police
3rd party Background Check
6 A Customer Service