Advanced Practice Clinician
To see if this position qualifies for a sign-on bonus, click here: Valley Health Sign-On Bonuses
Please Note: To protect our patients, our workforce and our community, Valley Health is requiring that all newly hired employees and internal transfers (current employees requesting internal transfers) must have received at least one COVID-19 vaccination dose. Newly hired Applicants (those not currently employed by Valley Health) who have been offered a position will have to provide documentation of their vaccination status at the time of their Employee Health appointment. For internal transfers, Employee Health will contact you if they have questions around your vaccination status. Valley Health has a process for applicants who have been offered a position to request an exemption or deferral for medical or religious reasons. To search for vaccine locations, visit vaccines.gov.
- Entity: Valley Physician Enterprise (VPE)
- Shift: Day
The Advanced Practice Clinician is, as an employee of Valley Health System. The scope of practice of any setting is detailed in the practice agreement/practice protocol written for each specific practice site and signed by the APC and the Supervising Physician.
· PA must be a graduate of a program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission for Physician Assistant Programs (ARC-PA)
· Successful completion of respective Board exams is required. Recertification, if required by respective board is necessary
· A bachelor's degree is preferred
· Registered Nurse with current licensure in the State of Virginia required
· Certified as Nurse Practitioner required (specialty dependent upon site/program)
· Licensed to practice as Nurse Practitioner in the State of Virginia required
· Licensed to prescribe medication in the State of Virginia
· Eligibility to prescribe Schedule III drugs in accordance with the regulations of the Commonwealth of Virginia is required
· Must be thoroughly familiar with the principles and practice of a physician's assistant
· Must possess well-developed interpersonal skills to work smoothly and productively with patients as well as administrative, nursing and physician staff members
· Must possess highly developed organizational skills and be very reliable, as this position requires daily access to patient information, which is extremely confidential.· Must be able to perform activities that involve an independent evaluation or treatment of a patient's medical condition.· Must possess background information in the biological, behavioral, medical and nursing services relevant to the practice as a physician's assistant and possess knowledge of the legal, ethical and professional esponsibilities of a physician's assistant.· Must be willing to receive additional training, as needed, and remain current on the skills necessary for the performance of required duties.· Successful completion of an AHA ACLS course if required within one (1) year of the hire date.· The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status, and interpret the appropriate information needed in order to provide care for the age group of patients served.· 60-day notice of resignation is required.
BLS Certification (Basic Life Support) - American Heart ‘Healthcare Provider’ (HCP) - AHA approved required *
* New hires must have American Heart Association (AHA) appropriate certification prior to completion of orientation.
Criminal Background Checks
VA State Police
3rd party Background Check
16 B Advanced Practice Clinician