Campaign Operations Specialist
Are you looking for an opportunity to accelerate your career and work with a team of friendly, creative people? Upland Software offers a collaborative work environment full of smart, positive, and passionate people who are respected for their unique talents and empowered to do their jobs well. As a member of this close-knit team, you are encouraged to take good ideas and run with them, pursuing the best outcome for our customers while having fun along the way. If these things are important to you and you're driven by delighting customers, we want to talk with you!
The Campaign Operations Specialist is an essential role in the Upland Marketing Operations team. Our specialists are responsible for the overall email, campaign creation and execution in our marketing automation platform (Marketo). The successful candidate for this role will work closely with the demand generation teams within the Marketing organization to drive efficient and accurate campaign execution. Deep understanding of email campaign best practices is necessary. The Campaign Operations Specialist will partner with our cloud marketing teams to monitor email timing, metrics and continuously provide recommendations to drive highly targeted emails to the appropriate audiences.
- Manage end-to-end email campaign production and execution, including planning, list segmentation, set-up, testing, execution, reporting and optimization in Marketo & Salesforce.com.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to create and deliver highly-targeted marketing campaigns, emails, retention/reactivation programs, and customer success communications
- Work under the supervision of the Campaign Operations Manager on the email production process and creation of every email, ensuring flawless execution
- Ensure email messages are properly constructed to adhere to industry best practices, deliverability, mobile rendering, open rates, etc.
- Conduct quality assurance on all versions of an email campaign
- Report on results and provide insights and recommendations to the marketing organization
- Devise new email strategies to improve overall channel performance, including creative optimization, AB Split testing, developing automated and triggered campaigns
- Interact with Upland Marketing Team on a regular basis and act as a representative of the Marketing Campaign Operations team
- Create scalable processes that ensure best practices in campaign setup, conversion, nurturing, and database management
Skills & Requirements:
- We are looking for a doer, someone who can handle multiple tasks at a time and has the ability to manage their time efficiently
- Experience with campaign setup, audience segmentation using "and/or" statement clauses, email deployment, HTML editing, delivery monitoring and reporting
- Demonstrated proficiency with a marketing automation tool (preferably Marketo) a CRM (preferably Salesforce), and a CMS (preferably WordPress)
- Knowledge of landing page and email marketing best practices is required; advanced experience with Marketo email and landing page template design and HTML a plus
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data to back up assumptions and assess the success of marketing programs
- Strong problem solving and issue-resolution skills
- Passionate about processes, automation and information systems
- Working understanding of direct marketing best practices, including email best practices and industry standards, CAN-SPAM laws, content creation, list management and targeting, knowledge of dynamic content and campaign automation
- Marketo Certified Expert is a plus
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role
Upland Software (Nasdaq: UPLD) is a leader in cloud-based enterprise work management software. Upland provides seven enterprise cloud solution suites that enable more than one million users at over 9,000 accounts to win and engage customers, automate business operations, manage projects and IT costs, and share knowledge throughout the enterprise. All of Upland’s solutions are backed by a 100 percent customer success commitment and the UplandOne platform, which puts customers at the center of everything we do. To learn more, visit uplandsoftware.com.
Upland Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status.