Are you looking for an opportunity to accelerate your career and work with a team of friendly, creative people? Upland Software offers a collaborative work environment full of smart, positive, and passionate people who are respected for their unique talents and empowered to do their jobs well. As a member of this close-knit team, you are encouraged to take good ideas and run with them, pursuing the best outcome for our customers while having fun along the way. If these things are important to you and you're driven by delighting customers, we want to talk with you!
Reporting to the Head of Sales, the Account Executive will be responsible for the generation,
development and conversion of new business opportunities, providing prospective customers with a solution that meets their business requirements and objectives, or opening new partnerships.
Consultative sales skills and the ability to effectively present and communicate Upland’s CXM value proposition to key decision makers, is key to success.
The Account Executive will initiate, negotiate and close key account contracts, securing optimum recurring revenues and establishing strong relationships within the Client account to ensure ongoing and repeat business.
- Qualify Client and sales opportunities to maximise orders and ensure that the solutions offered are within Upland CXM field of competence.
- Build and sustain a prospect platform and follow through in an appropriate and timely manner to achieve or exceed the assigned sales targets.
- Ensure proactive contact with all prospect Clients on a regular and consistent basis. Understand their business requirements and how the Company can provide a solution in this context.
- Pro-actively work with the marketing department in respect of initiatives to generate new sales opportunities and leverage any campaigns/marketing activity.
- Ensure an extensive up-to-date knowledge and understanding of all Upland CXM products and services.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of customer’s commercial requirements, objectives and practices in order to present compelling business propositions, concepts and ideas to clients at senior and board level.
- Ensure Sales CRM database is updated. Accurately report forecasts weekly to the Head of Sales
- Maintain a high-level awareness of the market and any other complementary markets, understanding the Company’s position, differentiators and USP’s.
- Pro-actively seek knowledge of competitor and market activity in order to position the company and understand the impact upon the business.
- Sales Administration and any general day-to-day office tasks.
- Identify and attend any relevant networking or exhibition events to gain insight and potential customer leads
- Liaise with the support, technical & network operations and provisioning teams to effectively co-ordinate sales orders with installs and customer campaigns/ projects
- Contribute significantly to the development of Company goals, growth and profitability targets by being an active member of the Upland team and culture
- Demonstrable background of direct sales achievement and business development within a Managed Hosting environment.
- Excellent negotiation skills (written and oral), maximising leverage and reaching conclusion. Ability to produce written documentation which is accurate and concise, using correct vocabulary and grammar, in a style and tone that is appropriate to the recipient and for the purpose.
- Fundamental knowledge of IT software solutions and a willingness and ability to understand technical concepts.
- The ability to be decisive and diplomatic in adversarial situations.
- Ability to marshal and manage resources (people, funding, materials and support) to achieve company objectives. Able to manage own time efficiently, prioritise and to handle multiple activities.
- Fully understand the legal implications of client and supplier agreements, keeping updated on new legislation that will affect the business.
- Able to work independently, multi-task and exercise good judgement always
- Must be ambitious, driven and a team player
- Relevant training qualifications, useful but not essential
Upland Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status.