Customer Success Manager
Are you looking for an opportunity to accelerate your career and work with a team of friendly, creative people? Upland Software offers a collaborative work environment full of smart, positive, and passionate people who are respected for their unique talents and empowered to do their jobs well. As a member of this close-knit team, you are encouraged to take good ideas and run with them, pursuing the best outcome for our customers while having fun along the way. If these things are important to you and you're driven by delighting customers, we want to talk with you!
Upland Mobile Messaging (UMM) powers today’s most effective mobile messaging campaigns through text messaging (SMS), multi-media messaging (MMS), and many other channels. We work with some of the biggest nonprofit organizations, government agencies, healthcare groups, and brands in the country, transforming the way that our society uses mobile to communicate. Our amazing customers have included Obama 2012, NYC MTA, Tumblr, National Cancer Institute, Humane Society of the United States, Univision, and many more. With these amazing customers comes exciting and challenging opportunities to help them shape their mobile messaging. Our customers demand exceptional customer service, in-depth knowledge of available technology, and innovative solutions to their messaging dilemmas. We’re looking for nimble, energetic folks to help us scale and expand into new verticals, while providing the best product and service in the industry. We’re hiring a Customer Success Manager on the Mobile Strategy Team to ensure that our customers get what they need when they need it.
- Leading mobile messaging strategy across almost all verticals.
- Leading in the execution of deliverables (e.g. how SMS relates to social media strategy, community engagement strategy, and overall campaign plan).
- Training new customers, enabling new features.
- Help setting up sophisticated messaging flows, or whatever new challenges our awesome, diverse customers throw at us.
- Training new clients to use the UMM platform, helping them identify initial goals and objectives, and working with them to develop a plan to execute.
- Continually strategizing with customers about incorporating text messaging as a part of general outreach/marketing strategy.
- Providing technical support and customer service that is unmatched by other software companies.
- Implementing entire mobile campaigns - soup to nuts, building a list of supporters to analyzing effectiveness - for high-priority and high-profile customers.
- Upselling current customers, while making important network connections to refer new ones.
- Bachelor’s degree
- You're a passionate person and want to be passionate about the work that you do - whether it’s getting people to vote on election day, making it easier for people to take public transportation, increasing youth volunteerism, curbing climate change, HIV prevention, or emergency relief efforts. And most importantly, you understand how mobile messaging can play an integral role in all these efforts.
- You really like technology, even if you think programmers might actually be wizards. You understand the importance of A/B testing, list segmentation, and ongoing supporter engagement.
- You’d be bored if you weren’t managing multiple projects at once. You find it very fulfilling to train and empower others to be successful.
- You’re comfortable working with a wide variety of organizations, including non-profit organizations, government agencies, and for-profit companies.
- You have a meticulous eye for detail, but you also have a bold and creative eye for strategy!
- You are comfortable (and self-disciplined) working from “home” (or wherever you choose).
- You stay calm and professional under pressure and/or deadlines.
- You have experience working with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc).
- You have experience working remotely - preferably, but not required
- You have 1-2 years relevant client service/customer success
- You have experience working with a CRM system or two (like Salsa, Convio, Luminate, EveryAction, Action Network, MailChimp, NationBuilder, etc)
- You have experience managing text message, email, or other communication for non-profit organizations, progressive organizations, government agencies, or for-profit companies
- You have experience with Salesforce, JIRA, Trello
Upland Software (Nasdaq: UPLD) is an enterprise cloud software company that provides award-winning solutions in Project and IT Management, Workflow Automation and Digital Engagement. Our goal is 100% customer success, achieved through a unified operating platform that delivers the performance, scalability and support that over 2,500 Upland customers worldwide demand every day.
We offer a casual and collaborative work environment, a generous benefits package and significant growth opportunities. Upland is publicly traded software company based in Austin, TX with offices in the US, Canada and the UK.
Upland Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status.