Building-Based Educator (SY20-21)
Building-Based Educator- (SY20-21)
Grade Level: Middle
Start Date: ASAP
Locations: Lawrence, Massachusetts
About UP Education Network
UP Education Network is a school turnaround organization whose mission is to rapidly transform chronically underperforming district schools into extraordinary schools that sustain high achievement over time. UP transforms schools into exceptional learning environments in partnership with families and communities. Students in UP schools cultivate sharp minds, share their kind hearts, and explore their path and potential. UP graduates succeed on the path to college and pursue their passions. Today, UP is the largest nonprofit school network in Massachusetts and is privileged to serve a highly diverse group of more than 2,500 PK-8th grade students across five schools in Boston and Lawrence. All of our school based staff are district employees and receive district benefits.
The Building-Based Educator will provide substitute coverage for absent staff members, covering academic classes and other duties. In addition, s/he may also work closely with core content teachers to provide academic interventions.
Desired Skills and Characteristics of an UP Teacher
• A deep desire to work with educationally underserved student populations and their families
• An unwavering commitment to the academic success and personal development of our students
• An eagerness to set ambitious, challenging, and tangible goals, and a relentless drive to achieve them
• A capacity to remain calm and focused when faced with unexpected challenges
• A strong belief in UP Education Network’s core values: Students, Community, Humility, Resilience, and Humor
• Associate's degree is required, Bachelor's preferred
• Current authorization to work in the United States – A candidate must have such authorization by his or her first day of employment
Compensation and Benefits
UP Academy follows the salary scales and salary placement policies of each UP Academy’s host school district or state turnaround plan; please see the relevant union’s collective bargaining agreement for additional details. As an employee of UP Academy and your respective school district, you will receive the same access to personal and sick days, health insurance, and dental insurance as others within your union.
We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position for which they are qualified. Our students must be exposed on a daily basis to a diverse group of powerful role models. Therefore, we have a responsibility to recruit, retain, develop, and reward a diverse and talented staff from a wide range of backgrounds to join our creative, mission-driven team.