Legal Manager (SEA)- Based in Singapore
Are you interested in working in the dynamic world of music and entertainment? Does supporting legal matters with your expertise at UMG excite you?
Universal Music Group is seeking a Legal Manager (SEA) to be based in Singapore.
About the role:
- Provide business-oriented, practical, and timely legal advice and support to management and business teams in SEA
- Support APAC regional commercial legal matters where necessary
- Draft, review, negotiate and administer commercial agreements and documentations for different business functions
- Analyze and identify legal risks and implications, protect and enforce Company’s rights and interest
- Ensure corporate compliance to protect the company’s brand and reputation
- Offer counsel on legal ramifications of significant initiatives, operating as a business partner.
- Manage litigation and dispute resolution and work with external counsel where necessary.
- Keep abreast of changes and potential changes in relevant policies and regulatory environment and keep business stakeholders updated
- Qualified lawyer with at least 6 years of post-qualification experience
- In house experience ideally from entertainment and media sector
- Previous experience working for an international company preferred
- Extensive knowledge of commercial law - with entertainment and media related areas a plus
- Great communication skills and ability to build effective relationships
- Excellent professional legal drafting skills
- Advanced project management skills, problem solving ability, highly analytical and organized
- Have regional exposure
Interested? Please follow the link to submit your application today!
Note: only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
UMG's catalog is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). UMG also includes Universal Music Publishing Group, one of the industry's premier music publishing operations worldwide and Bravado, the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Universal Music Group is a Vivendi company.