Audience Development Manager
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
UMG Global Audience Development is seeking a creative and collaborative Audience Development Manager to ideate, build, and manage effective omni channel campaigns for Republic Records artists and their music fans. You will be highly organized, detail-oriented, and great at prioritizing what needs to get done now, while managing long term strategic initiatives. You will work cross-functionally to help solve complex and exciting challenges by leveraging data to develop audience specific strategies and programs across owned channels (email, SMS, web). Focusing on connecting music fans with the right message, at the right time, you will turn insights into a strategic position that will achieve both artist and label business goals.
You have experience with segmentation and testing frameworks and will rely on data to glean insights to make decisions. You are both creative and data driven, obsessed with personalization, thrives in a fast-paced environment, has a willingness to adapt and a commitment to getting things done.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Develop new audience growth strategies and tactics for driving long-term fan engagement, retention and lifetime value
- From concept through post campaign analysis - leverage marketing automation tools to develop transactional, promotional, and evergreen content strategies in order to optimize the fan lifecycle
- Develop, plan, and optimize CRM campaigns through rigorous, hypothesis-driven A/B testing to meet business goals
- Drive segmentation, targeting, personalization and relevancy tactics to improve engagement and conversion across owned marketing channels (email - batch, trigger, journeys, push, social, and SMS) and support multi-channel orchestration
- Serve as analytics lead by formalizing testing best practices across various channels and providing thought leadership around fan-centric insights that go beyond the “what” and tap into the “why” and “so what”
- Own a learning agenda; continuously test, learn and iterate on our lifecycle strategy and identify the best performing content and messages across audiences and fan stages
- Be an authority on copy and design, leveraging data to drive fan engagement, loyalty and lifetime value
- Contribute meaningful reports and analyses; translate analytical findings into clear, easily understandable, actionable insights that drive strong business strategy
Bring your VIBE:
- 5+ years of experience in CRM or Audience Development with an emphasis on digital marketing channels, including full ownership ranging from strategy to execution
- Data-driven individual with the ability to dig into large sets of data to interpret findings, analyze trends, recognize anomalies and build testing plans based on data
- Extensive experience designing tests across multiple media channels to assure interpretable and actionable results and overseeing complex executions
- Exceptional attention to detail and hands on experience overseeing both the strategy and execution of advanced email and CRM campaigns
- Experience managing consumer facing email and mobile programs required, including setting up and using email/marketing automation platforms
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and is at ease communicating across teams and different levels within a large organization
- Must have a 'can do' attitude with an entrepreneurial mindset and be comfortable working in a dynamic, unstructured environment on complex projects
- Expertise in customer segmentation, and have a solid understanding of test design, measurement and analysis
- Experience in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, InDesign)
- Adept in strategic thinking & analytics with a passion for innovation and creative problem solving
- Strong analytical skills (particularly with Excel / Google Sheets, Google Analytics, DOMO) and the ability to leverage data for insights and action
- High impact leadership skills, including setting a clear vision and strategy, motivating and coaching others, driving urgency and results
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.