Customer Success Manager
Job title: Customer Success Manager
Responsible to: Head of Digital, Abbey Road Studios
Department: Abbey Road Studios
Location of work: 4 St Pancras Square, Kings Cross
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
AudioMovers, recently acquired by Abbey Road Studios, is a tech start-up which has established a reputation as the music producer’s preferred remote collaboration tool. Launched in 2019, Audiomovers is a software product that allows music professionals to stream, listen to and record high resolution multichannel remote audio in real time, with multiple collaborators, anywhere in the world. The solution includes a set of plugins, Listento and Listento Receiver, and mobile apps, with a beta desktop application coming soon. With its support of lossless multichannel audio, up to 7.1 surround, combined with its stability and unique ability to adjust latency and bit rate, Audiomovers stands apart from other remote tools on the market. Mimicking in person collaboration and seamlessly fitting into the producer’s workflow, Audiomovers meets the high-quality expectations of thousands of music professionals across the world, from a producer working on a track with their co-writer to a large scale, scoring postproduction facility streaming multichannel audio to multiple teams and listeners at the same time.
With already proven product market fit and investment from Abbey Road Studios, AudioMovers has an aggressive growth and scale up plan for the product to reach its full potential. We are looking for the team to be part of this exciting journey.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
The Customer Success Manager, is one of the first specialist hires for this young business and will lead the transition from single purchase to a subscription model. As AudioMovers moves into its rapid scale-up phase, the successful candidate will be responsible for business-critical KPIs including: retention, churn, MRR, ARR and LTV.
To help you deliver on these, you will work very closely with the Head of Marketing on defining and improving the lifecycle of our customers, such as how and when we communicate with them. You’ll also work closely with Customer Services and the Head of Product to lend a strategic voice on how we iterate on the product to maximise satisfaction, engagement and retention.
Audiomovers is a small, autonomous team within a larger organisation and iterates on a rapid development cycle, so we are looking for individuals who work the same way. The ideal candidate is an independent thinker with an agile approach to working in a working in truly cross-functional function. The right candidate will be an expert with demonstrable experience in retention for subscription SaaS businesses.
You’ll become the voice of our customers internally. You’ll know them inside out, understanding their needs, what they love about Audiomovers, and how we can improve. You’ll use this knowledge to help you to think strategically and make creative and commercial suggestions on how we continue to delight our customers.
- Responsible for key KPIs: Retention, ARR, MRR, Churn Management, LTV, Net Growth
- Owning all retention activities:
- lifecycle journeys,
- upsell journeys,
- win back campaign management,
- creating and analysing the dashboards you require
- analysis of triggers for cancellation and risk,
- segmentation and analysis of subscriber base,
- cohort’s creation and management,
- Creative retention content creation
- Working with the Head of Marketing and Product to optimise the subscription funnel and feature set to enhance the customer experience
- Test and explore add on product and upsell options that will continue to evolve as the product range expands
- Provide progress updates to the Head of Product and the Board on a regular basis
- A proven track record managing retention for SaaS business
- Deep understanding of subscription business metrics and challenges
- Results-focused with extensive experience in test and learn at a customer, campaign and product level
- Experience using CRM and marketing automation software, including building campaigns based on customer insights
- Analytical and commercial - can use analytical insight to drive commercial decisions and contribute to the product roadmap
- Autonomous and self-organising – can hit the ground running with retention tactics
- Expert in newest retention techniques
- A holistic approach to activation and retention – thinking beyond email
- Must have passion for music, music production and the product, to effectively work with audio engineering audiences
- A confident communicator who enjoys complex technologies
- Skilled at creative nimble decision making
- Willing to roll sleeves up and support the business and team with broader strategic and practical decision making
- Experience working in early-stage SaaS subscription businesses
- Early-stage start-up experience
- Experience in building/ managing subscription pricing models
- CRM and automation
- Comfort with copywriting
- Data Analysis Expert
- Basic understanding of plug-in / VST software, previous experience at a pro-audio technology company
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive, and exhaustive statement.