Commercial Finance Analyst (Junior - Mid)
We are Universal Music Australia (UMA), part of The Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters. We produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Universal Music Australia is looking to appoint a Commercial Finance Analyst (Junior - Mid) to join our BP&A team. The successful candidate will support analysis, reporting and insights across the UMA business to drive revenue growth opportunities.
Our Junior Commercial Finance Analyst will have the opportunity to apply strategic and critical thinking to drive growth and profitability across the company’s diverse portfolio of businesses, including physical, digital, merchandising, D2C, and A&R.
The ideal candidate is an analytical and intellectually curious individual who can identify issues, structure analyses, develop solutions and articulate findings.
- Collaborate with the Business Planning & Analysis team on reporting/analysis solutions.
- Prepare weekly/monthly commercial packs and distribute to the wider business.
- Assist with the revenue forecast and plans for our products across our labels and platforms.
- Champion the reporting for our priorities, daily revenues, month-end and other commercial insights.
- Provide Marketing/Commercial teams with insights on project performance.
- Participate in feasibilities on artists or products (physical and merchandising).
- Contribute to new ideas, projects, system improvements and work processes.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2+ years' experience in Financial Analysis and Business Planning or similar.
- Awareness of financial analysis metrics including trend analysis, NPV, IRR, ROI.
- Advanced Excel experience with the ability to navigate large data sets.
- Advanced PowerPoint experience.
- Familiarity with data analysis / BI tools such as Google Big Query, Domo, Tableau is a plus.
- Solid analytical and critical thinking skills: highly numerate professional with the ability to uncover patterns, trends, and stories within data.
- Data modelling skills to analyse and draw insights.
- High level of organisation and attention to details to deliver accurate reports in a timely manner
- Able to work under pressure i.e. multitasking, prioritising, and meeting multiple tight deadlines.
- Proactive and able to work independently
- Able to communicate key messages in a clear, structured, impactful way that supports business decision making.
- Strong business partnership skills.