Ingrooves - Label Operations Manager, APAC
We are Ingrooves Music Group, part of Universal Music Group. We are committed to powering creativity in today’s dynamic music marketplace by providing the best distribution, marketing, and rights management tools and services to content creators and owners. We develop state-of-the-art, cost-efficient, and scalable technology platforms. Our partners benefit from our experienced, knowledgeable people, unparalleled commitment to customer service, and thoughtful marketing solutions that drive results. We aspire to be the most transparent and solution-driven partner for all of the labels and artists we work with.
This role can be based in The Philippines or Indonesia.
The Label Operations Manager is a technical subject matter expert, guide, facilitator, coordinator, and all-around force multiplier working closely with both external labels and internal teams to ensure successful content releases.
The Label Operations team handles operational needs throughout the content release process including pre-submission setup, distribution assistance, interfacing with DSPs post-release and generally helping labels and internal teams navigate the distribution process.
- Become an expert on Ingrooves operational systems, processes, and workflows
- Assist with new label onboarding and instill operational best practices across internal teams and external labels
- Develop a deep understanding of the Ingrooves metadata style guide and help labels and internal teams navigate complex metadata and asset requirements
- Capture new questions and information for inclusion in Ingrooves' core knowledge base
- Use Zendesk for most client and inter-team correspondence with a focus on maintaining support best practices and further improving them in cooperation with the support team
- Serve as point of escalation for a wide array of operational inquiries and requests
- Ensure that identified technical issues are escalated to appropriate technical teams
- Work with label management team to coordinate priority release plans across teams as needed
- Execute one-off distribution tasks while working closely with the supply chain team to understand the broader distribution process
- Help interpret complex distribution system activity and release-level distribution status and history for labels and internal teams
- Interface with support and operations contacts at DSPs to cover day to day operational needs, including:
o Accessing DSP content management systems to monitor content status
o Direct inquiries into content statuses
o Routine artist remap requests
- Manage new user and label setup process
- Experience working in complex operational environments and software systems
- Legendary attention to detail and tireless drive to solve problems
- Strong ability to follow through and a desire to see even minor issues through to resolution
- Passionate about music discovery and a fan of multiple genres of music with the ability to represent Ingrooves in the marketplace
- Strong relationship building skills, creativity, and resourcefulness in getting projects to the finish line
- Excellent customer service and relationship-building capability — always with a professional demeanor
- Articulate in written and oral communication
- Ability to maintain multiple project timelines while being accountable and responsive
- Experience with top digital music services interfaces, social media applications, and digital music best practices
- Extensive knowledge of the independent music community a major plus
- Knowledge of audio, video, and image formats a major plus
- Languages: Strong command of English. Additional languages (Indonesian, Tagalog) are a plus