Lead Data Engineer
At Ingrooves Music Group, we are committed to powering creativity in today’s dynamic music marketplace by providing the best distribution, marketing, and rights management tools and services to content creators and owners. We develop state-of-the-art, cost-efficient, and scalable technology platforms. Our partners benefit from our experienced, knowledgeable people, unparalleled commitment to customer service, and thoughtful marketing solutions that drive results. We aspire to be the most transparent and solution-driven partner for all of the labels and artists we work with.
How we LEAD:
As Lead Data Engineer, you are passionate about optimizing your team you debug your team as you do your code – iterating to increase efficiency, morale and quality of output. You come from a data engineering background with exposure to a diverse array of technology and can objectively analyze criteria and make decisions for your projects to produce the best outcome.
You’re able to lead your team to the information they need to make good decisions, in many cases by example. You carefully evaluate and communicate the merits and costs of design choices, not only on how it impacts the users of the software but also how it impacts implementation and architecture. You are comfortable working in multiple programming languages and can adequately plan for infrastructure/DevOps requirements for a project.
Overall, you will be building the team’s roadmap with project stakeholders, guiding and evaluating progress, communicating with product leads and helping to shape the product, and building the best possible software in the context of the product goals. The successful candidate reports to the SVP of Technology & Software Development.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Create and maintain scalable and optimized data models and schemas for storing multi-TB size data in our ever-growing data warehouse(s)
- Create and maintain automated, scalable and optimized ETL processes for loading and retrieving data for use by our data science, and business development teams
- Integrate with APIs and external data sources to supplement and enhance core data
- Work as part of the entire technology team to deliver quality data from inception to production in an agile environment
- Working with Product Owners to prioritize tasks for your team
- Collaborating and communicating with the Client, Support, DevOps and across the Business as a whole
- Ensuring the team follows best practices of architecting, designing, coding, testing, and deploying data solutions
- Reviewing requirements and obtaining estimates
- Working on, reviewing and guiding the code that is produced
Bring your VIBE
- 3 or more years of experience managing/leading a data or development team with a demonstrable portfolio of project
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics - Graduate degree with a specialty in data engineering and/or related activities preferred
- Advanced knowledge of and practical experience with SQL and\or NoSQL and big data platforms (e.g. Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, Oracle, SQL Server, Cassandra, Postgres, HBase, Couchbase)
- Very comfortable and proficient working in AWS and Linux environment
- Knowledgeable of the software design and development lifecycle, TDD, and Agile development practices
- Experience in a fast-paced, professional services environment is a decided advantage
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.