Senior Manager, Commercial Development
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Commercial Affairs comprises several key pillars including commercial partnerships, deal approvals, pricing, analysis, technology, high growth markets, ecommerce, projects and campaigns.
We are looking for a candidate for the role of Senior Manager, Commercial Development to report into the Senior Director of Commercial Development, specifically to work across the deal approval process, ecommerce and high growth markets.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Work on the Commercial Affairs strategy to drive ecommerce revenue across multiple markets whilst also supporting the global team on their ecomm strategy. You will play an active role in the global digital deal approval process and its evolution. A particular focus of the role will also be supporting high growth markets in all aspects of their business
- Build an understanding of the ecommerce business in every market (outside the US) and identify how Commercial Affairs can assist with driving revenue, identifying new opportunities to develop additional revenue streams or maximise the current routes to market
- On deal approvals you will be working with the Senior Director Commercial Development to streamline and enhance this process to make it more efficient and deliver value back into the centre and to the markets
- For High Growth Geographies you will work with the markets across a number of workstreams including ecommerce, partner best practice, release planning and assisting in structuring digital deals
- The two biggest character requirements for this role are initiative and drive
- Presentation skills: this is a requirement both at team level to your peers but also to senior stakeholders around the business
- Building relationships: you will be working with all markets outside of the US so there are many cultures, languages and nuances to embrace and work with
- Proficient in excel, Powerpoint (or similar)
- High level of numeracy with strong ability to feel/interpret numbers
- Ability to apply judgement and rationale to new situations/models
- Openness to change / disruption
- You must be able to quickly learn how to navigate the multiple stake holders for any project or initiative at UMG
- Be collaborative, not territorial and deliver projects on time and under pressure
- Kind and considerate
- An understanding or experience of working in ecommerce, emerging markets and the music industry are all preferrable
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.