Coordinator, UMG eCommerce & Label Services
We are UMG, Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Merchandise and commerce is becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it’s a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it’s another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG is looking for an eCommerce Coordinator to join our eCommerce group, sitting in a cross-functional team dedicated to supporting our NY-based labels’ eCommerce initiatives. The eCommerce Coordinator will work closely with a dedicated eCommerce lead and their teammates to help organize and coordinate the operations and logistics needed to successfully execute new direct-to-consumer programs revolving around artist activity and key events. They will support the eCommerce lead in coordinating with various internal and external departments to ensure that all necessary operational components are aligned for the launch and maintenance of eCommerce programs including store campaigns and product launches, CRM and fan acquisition campaigns, VIP ticketing programs, and more. Ideal candidates are highly organized, detail-oriented, proactive, can thrive in a fast-paced environment, and can juggle the coordination of information for many different cross-functional teams.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Compile and track necessary logistical information for new product/program launches (SKUs, product titles, product descriptions, etc.).
- Organize, project-manage, and liaise with multiple cross-functional team members including Marketing, Creative, Production, and Store Management to ensure deadlines to meet launch dates.
- Manage “staging links” and comments/amendments to ensure timely program launches.
- Manage marketing assets for approval/amendment.
- Perform regular QA checks on active web stores to ensure proper shop functionality, marketing copy, and merchandising.
- Report on sales and marketing data to all relevant parties (label, manager etc.) around high profile program activity.
- Monitor social activity to identify potential fulfillment issues and/or poor user experience.
- Submit comp requests.
- Assist in creation of eCommerce pitches and product/marketing presentations that are to be delivered to brand managers and artist managers.
- Liaise with international territories for creation of localized stores and programs.
- General admin including meeting scheduling, expense reports, occasional travel booking.
Bring your VIBE:
- 1-2+ year of relevant internship or full-time work experience, preferably in music, entertainment, or eCommerce
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow-through
- Extremely organized with superior time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize under tight schedules while maintaining production of high-quality work
- Self-accountability to follow-through with proper consistent updates to stakeholders
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google docs
- Experience with Shopify preferred
- Experience using Monday.com is a major plus
- Strong interest in learning more about eCommerce and eCommerce Marketing
- BA degree in related field preferred
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.