Sr. Designer, Graphics
We are UMG, Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Merchandise and commerce is becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it’s a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it’s another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG is looking for a passionate and experienced Senior Graphic Designer to help lead in the development of best in class creative work across web, social, merchandise and branding. The person in this role will participate and lead in the creation of concepts and development through to execution, as well as help to mentor younger creatives, helping to elevate and push their work. Collaboration across both creative and organizational departments to guide aesthetic and conceive unique creative solutions that drive successful results for our clients and campaigns is expected. Bringing to life a strong narrative across multiple creative touchpoints from web to social to other creative content will be a part of this role.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Create best-in-class original and on-trend graphic design and illustration for clients across the industry.
- Concept, develop and execute projects including web design, social media graphics, merchandise graphics, branding and identity and presentation materials.
- Ensure that all designs and artwork are delivered according to project specs.
- Stay up to date on design trends in the industry across multiple fields including ecommerce, web and music.
- Collaborate cross-functionally across creative teams, as well as with other teams within the organization.
Bring your VIBE:
- 4-6 years of graphic design experience in a professional setting
- Degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, or other relevant field
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote, Powerpoint and other relevant software
- Experience with web and UX design – Shopify experience preferred
- Knowledge of the music industry and/or ecommerce is a plus
- Ability to create within campaign identities as well as bring new concepts to life
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction as well as self-manage time
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to receive and execute on creative feedback
- Ability to stay cool under pressure and work positively within a team environment
- Provide a portfolio with a range of client work supporting the above
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.