Sr. Cyber Security Engineer
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
The Senior Cybersecurity Engineer reports to the Senior Vice President Security Operations. Candidate must be a highly motivated individual with experience working with security solutions in an enterprise environment. This position handles vendors that provide incident response and services, provides network and system forensics in support of investigations and global security incident response activities. This position works closely with technology, application teams and business units. This role will allow learning and growth on various security technologies. The Senior Cybersecurity Engineer will support other efforts in the SecOps & Business Resiliency team and work closely with other team members in the Global Security Office (GSO).
How you’ll CREATE:
The Senior Cybersecurity Engineer role is part of Security Operations team that will, manage, maintain, design, configure, and document security tools, systems, and processes including, but not limited to, the following:
- Administer security tools and technologies
- Maintain security systems (Linux, Windows, etc.) E.g., install security patches, OS updates, etc.
- Collect and review systems and application security logs from all systems (Firewalls, OS, Email, IDS, Splunk, etc.), take action to mitigate any threats based on findings.
- Conduct log analysis across a diverse ecosystem of technology (operating systems, internally developed web apps, software-as-a-service apps, cloud infrastructure)
- Ensure compliance with internal policies, standards, and regulatory requirements
- Perform forensics activities and root cause analyses
- Participate in the design/architecture, development, and implementation of any new application or service
- Conduct Vulnerability Assessments as required
- Assess and triage potential security incidents. Coordinating and leading response to high impact security incidents.
- Lead efforts to detect and analyze malicious software and work with vendors and teams
- Automate triage, analysis, response, and remediation tasks and processes with code, APIs, and SOAR tools. Contribute to the creation and tuning of detection rules.
- Participate in the security operations on-call rotation
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Lead projects, planning, controlling, executing, and closing assigned projects to produce required deliverables
Bring your VIBE:
- Strong desire to perform as an incident responder and handle investigating, triaging, analyzing and reporting
- Experience monitoring and responding to security incidents involving traditional (Windows, Mac, Linux) and cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, GCP, and/or Azure)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding and interest in recognized information security related standards, analysis frameworks (MITRE ATT&CK, Kill Chain, NIST Incident Response, etc.) and technologies. The ability to learn new technology and concepts quickly
- Knowledge about exploits, vulnerabilities, network attacks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented with analytical and interpersonal skills
- Good working knowledge of security operations, safety practices in a business environment and enforcement of procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects with tight deadlines across a global enterprise
- Experience with information security SIEMs, vulnerability scanners and application scanners
- Must be proficient with Linux administration
- Ability to construct basic Boolean logic and regex search strings
- Programming and scripting using Python, Linux shell scripts, regex, a plus
- Familiarity with enterprise security controls and security best practices for Windows, Linux, and Mac systems.
- 3+ years of systems engineering experience and cybersecurity work, preferably in an entertainment industry
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication (oral and written), and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with containers such as docker or Kubernetes
- Minimum 2 years of Python and Linux shell scripts
- Four-year degree, industry certification, or work equivalent
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.