Data Science Intern (Part Time, 1 Day a Week)
Job title: Data Science Intern (part time, 1 day a week)
Reporting to: Audience & Marketing Lead
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
EMI Records is one of the most culturally significant labels in popular music. With an illustrious history and a diverse and ground-breaking roster of acts, the label has been at the forefront of every seminal musical movement. EMI is the UK home of the world’s biggest and most innovative artists including Elton John, Paul McCartney, Florence + The Machine, Queen, Metallica, Bastille and Chvrches. EMI’s international roster includes Justin Bieber, Lewis Capaldi, The Killers, Katy Perry, Lionel Richie and Taylor Swift. In 2020 the label began an exciting new chapter paving the way for a new generation of cultural trailblazers including Bree Runway, Greentea Peng, SG Lewis, Lancey Foux and Amber Mark.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Automating our data reporting across the label
- Building a bespoke A&R alert system across TikTok and other platforms
- Digital Housekeeping: Managing and maintaining our artists digital health across YouTube and other platforms
- Passionate about music with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Detailed Orientated - manually going through our YouTube channels and changing tags
- Excellent track record of working to strict deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels
The role will include pulling and scraping data from different platforms. As such, this person will need to be technically proficient in:
- Web Scraping
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.