Accounts Receivable Coordinator (TEMP)
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Our Credit department has a Temporary A/R Coordinator opening which will run for approximately 7 months. This is a cash application A/R role which will post cash for our merchandising business unit, processing approximately 50 checks per day.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Processes all cash receipts and remittance applications in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintains Control Logs, deposits and interoffice remittance transfers
- Split and transfer of cash to one or more receiving accounts, and application of check after transfer
- Application of cash against open items, process offset transaction forms within the parameters of the write off approval chart.
- Reviews remittance advice information with the appropriate credit person, if necessary, to resolve application discrepancies and determine cash application criteria on a customer by customer basis
- Contacts customer or notifies appropriate Credit Personnel regarding lack of remittance detail, incomplete remittance advice, unidentified deductions, calculation errors, discount calculations and duplicate payments and deductions
- Reviews unapplied and unreconciled cash reports
- Communicates with accounts regarding "skipped invoices" at month-end close
- Maintains accounts receivable files substantiating entries made to the open item file as well as customers' checks, remittances and envelopes in date/batch order
- Processes electronic remittance advices and applies exceptions
- Performs clerical duties to assist Credit and Claims Personnel
Bring your VIBE:
- 1-3 years Accounts Receivable experience from retail, entertainment studios or food industries preferred
- BA or some college in Accounting, Business, or related field a plus
- SAP experience a plus
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, time management skills, and detail-oriented skills required
- Experience with high volume processing preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.