Managing Director, Universal Music Thailand
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
The Managing Director for Universal Music Thailand will be fully responsible for strategy and operations for Thailand and as such shall manage the profitability, organic growth, and implementation of the strategy to attain positive results. The Managing Director will ensure that all policies regarding image, sales and marketing are respected as well being responsible for developing and managing the turnover, the profitability, as well as the ongoing satisfaction of the customers and artists.
The Managing Director will drive and optimize the development of synergies and transversal ties within the wider company; in order to allow for improvements at all levels. It will be important to recommend, defend and manage the launchings of new artists, with the purpose to increase the size and profitability of the company.
About this role
- Management of local artists in their home market and globally.
- Management of artist relations / talent acquisition / key artist renegotiations in Thailand.
- Management of a roster of artists.
- Strong emphasis on people management / new employee hires & development, to include performance reviews.
- Development of local artists and talent pipelines.
- Definition and implementation of the local strategy including overseeing the investments in existing and new artists, local business development and financial excellence.
- Involvement in business development strategies and the implementation of new business models / monetization of the digital partnerships.
- Develop strategic models and initiatives to leverage UMGs huge international catalogue of music within Thailand
- Seek for the continuous improvement the Digital functions: content creation, business development, deal making practices and legal environment.
- Drive New Business function to be profitable
- Successful management of the full P&L and daily management of employees plus any consultants
- Demonstrable track record in an Exec level role within a music / digital content or entertainment business.
- Solid experience of working with top name acts, management, agencies and brands
- Proven ability to forge strong relationships across multi-functional business
- A solid experience of negotiating and implementing various deal types with Special Marketing Promotion (SMP)’s and potential other brand partners.
- Proven track record in identifying and understanding commercial opportunities and growing revenues within a business
- A demonstrable track record as a leader, established ability to influence, guide and inspire teams.
- Experience of working at an international level.
- A love of music
- Natural & driven leader
- Strong proven commercial acumen
- Highly creative & innovative
- Digital expert
- Results oriented
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Highly analytical
- Influencer & Relationship-builder
- Product & customer judgement
- Resilient & tenacious
- Fast thinking, hard working
- Ability to act on initiative
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
UMG's catalog is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). UMG also includes Universal Music Publishing Group, one of the industry's premier music publishing operations worldwide and Bravado, the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Universal Music Group is a Vivendi company.