Music is Universal
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Mercury Studios is a multi-faceted content studio established to develop, produce, and invest in innovative, music-based storytelling. In addition to content development and production, Mercury Studios includes our award-winning library that includes nearly 2,000 hours of programming and more than 800 titles of original documentaries. Mercury Studios produces content with music continuing to serve as the foundation for projects across performance/live, factual/reality, scripted, artist and filmmaker partnerships and remastering and audio originals via film and television content, podcasts and short.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Oversee all projects in production at Mercury Studios (across long form, live, short form digital, podcast and branded content slates).
- Preparing - and overseeing the Production Manager in preparing - budgets and schedules for all new projects working with in house creative and development team on production plans for projects to ensure we maintain Mercury’s creative ambition and standards, whilst also ensuring value for money
- Pre production preparation, planning and finance plans review against distribution strategy. Crewing up with production team as needed for commissioned projects.
- Ensure smooth running of active projects. Being first port of call for freelance PM’s and Line Producers, approving cash flow, reviewing monthly cash reports, running regular catch ups, working with finance and legal team on project set up and troubleshooting any issues
- Manage in house production team, filter all queries, and escalate where needed
- Day to day work with Finance to ensure smooth running of all production finance systems across productions - including forecasting, reporting and reconciliation
- Day to day work with Production Legal to ensure smooth running of all production legal systems and documents across productions.
- Building relationships with 3rd party suppliers, negotiating favourable rate cards
- Ensuring all productions comply with, and do their best to obtain Albert certification - advising co-production partners as needed
- Working alongside Head of Post Production and in house post production team to ensure smooth management of projects from conception to delivery
- Working with Music Supervisor and licencing team to ensure projects are budgeting correctly, and fully cleared for use
- Production Management experience on a variety of projects for film and TV – an understanding of live, branded, digital and podcast production a bonus
- Ideally experience in Music and archive heavy programming
- Experience working across lots of projects in an advisory capacity, problem solving and guiding freelance PM’s and Line Producers
- Thorough understanding of all production considerations from Holiday Pay, Pension, IR35 and HMRC self employment guidance,
- Wide network of contacts across crew, production team and 3rd Party suppliers
- A can-do attitude an absolute must!
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.