Accountant (12 month Contract)
We are Universal Music Australia (UMA), Part of The Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Are you looking for an Accounting opportunity in an industry you are passionate about? Are you ready to make an impact and delve deep into the success of a business you feel passionate about?
We are currently looking for an Accountant (12 month Contract) to join our Finance team based in Sydney. You should come with a mindset of adaptability and growth as you will aid the transitioning to a new ERP system SAP. This means fast pace, new challenges and loads of team play. The opportunity allows you to support all parts of the business from month end reporting, invoicing, implementing and adapting global processes, reconciliations, external reporting and analysis.
About the role:
In this role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a broad array of accounting, analysis and reporting activities across multiple labels, including:
- Assist with data transfer, cleansing and conversion for transition to SAP
- Offer operational support during the transition to SAP
- Prepare various adhoc month-end journals and accruals
- Collate balance sheet reconciliations from team for Manager review
- Maintenance of the Fixed asset registers including book and tax ledgers
- Review purchase order controls and monitor use of the PO system
- Assist with intercompany receivables for timely collections
- Assist with intercompany payables for the monthly settlement cycle
- Allocate and reconcile Media agency spends
- Minimum two years of commercial experience in high volume processing environment
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting (Studying towards CA or CPA CA/CPA)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) as well as the ability to present ideas and problem solving effectively to varying groups of people.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and enjoys learning new systems.