Second Line Desktop Support Analyst
Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
The objective of this role is to provide professional and timely support for a wide range of IT equipment, software and conference systems within a global organization. The ideal candidate will have excellent technical and interpersonal skills as well as a commitment to supporting our team values: Being of service to our clients; having a passion for our work; exemplifying integrity in all that we do and acting with courage by doing the right thing for our clients and business.
The role will suit a candidate who has the interpersonal skills to complement their technical skills and is someone who can empathize with the client’s perspective and simplify technical information. The suitable candidate will also have a sense of urgency and a strong desire to provide outstanding service.
The service provided is high visibility front line end user support at our head office but may also cover other sites as needed.
The normal hours of coverage are 9.30am to 6pm, however additional hours (including weekends) may be required for special projects or events. The ideal candidate will be an excellent team player, able to assist their colleagues, and be able to contribute to overall team goals, whilst also being comfortable and able to remain productive when working alone.
Our current VC environment is a mix of audio with Zoom, Crestron, and Polycom at the core of our conferencing solution. The environment is a mixture of Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac devices, with a diverse and demanding user community that expects a consistent level of service quality.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Provide support by diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults and troubleshooting technology issues.
- Install and configure computer and VC hardware and software.
- Support the roll-out of new applications, tools and services.
- Video conferencing maintenance, setup, and support.
- Follow standard procedures and written instructions to repair a fault or set up computer systems and VC equipment.
- Maintain and update support information and actions in the IT Ticketing system, including procedural documentation, knowledgebase updates and relevant reports.
- Moves and Changes: Ad hoc and Planned relocations of IT equipment.
- The ongoing update of additions, deletions and movement of IT equipment asset registers for Hardware and Mobile Devices.
- To carry out any other reasonable instruction as directed by the UK Deskside Support Lead.
- Talking clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face, over the telephone or remotely, to help resolve issues or configure systems.
- Work with and provide support to engineering teams.
- Engage with vendor support as required.
- Medium levels of manual handling have been identified for this role
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across all levels of the organisation and handle each request with discretion, tact, diplomacy and patience.
- Strong analytical / technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills across the wide range of technology.
- Expert knowledge of Windows 10 and Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Building and Configuring Computers using Microsoft SCCM 2012.
- Strong Mac and PC hardware troubleshooting and deployment skills.
- Strong software application installation/troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with installing and supporting various third party software.
- Understanding of basic networking and network troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with AV and video conferencing standards, practices and technology.
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow.
- Ability to respond within agreed time limits to incidents and service requests.
- Ability to work continuously on a task until completion (or escalating to another group where appropriate.)
- Ability to manage multiple cases with changing priorities.
- Able to establish a good working relationship with customers and colleagues within IT quickly.
- Represent IT with professionalism and demonstrating IT values at all times.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience supporting a Microsoft Active Directory/Exchange/Office enterprise environment (medium to large office.)
- Previous experience of supporting Apple hardware and software (MacBook, iPad, iPhone, Keynote, Mac OS, iOS.)
- Previous experience of working as part of a team, collaborating effectively with colleagues and team members across IT.
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification or equivalent experience.
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) or Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Experience working with industry standard VC technology and tools (Crestron, Zoom, Polycom.)
- Casper JAMF Experience or Certification.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.