Administrative Assistant (Finance)
Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) is the leading global music publisher with more than 57 offices in 47 countries. UMPG has some of the most important contemporary songwriters and artists on its global roster. UMPG is also the leading production music group in the world with a diverse and comprehensive portfolio of UPPM-owned repertoire. UPPM is the preeminent supplier of high-level production music throughout the world and serves the burgeoning business that creates, produces, and licenses music for use in film/TV, advertising, broadcast, and corporate clients.
How we LEAD:
This position reports to the CFO of UMPG and will assist CFO and the small global finance team. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, able to work independently, a multi-tasker in a sometimes fast-paced environment, extremely organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to determine priorities.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Answer telephones
- Manage calendar
- Make travel arrangements
- Prepare expense reports
- Prepare and/or update financial schedules using Excel
- Become familiar with Hyperion HFM to run reports and analyze transactions for accuracy
- Run reports from UMPG’s internal Business Intelligence and royalty system to assist with analyzing financial results
- Research consumption patterns for various artists
- Maintain UMPG’s global organizational charts and headcount overviews
- Other duties and special projects as assigned, including organizing events – sometimes overseas
Bring your VIBE:
- 2-3 years supporting an executive required
- Must be a team player as this is a small department
- Must be able to handle confidential information appropriately
- Must be able to communicate effectively, be motivated, very organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interest in music (publishing), finance/accounting preferable
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Experience with General Ledger software will be helpful – SAP preferred
- Minimum 4 years of college, including some accounting classes
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.