Senior Application Support Analyst
Main purpose of role
The IT Operations – Application Support department is responsible for Application Support, Application configuration, change management and Quality Assurance. We provide services, manage and support local and global applications by partnering with multiple project teams and vendors across various platforms and technologies. We interface directly with the clients and project teams to facilitate business efficiencies and/or cost savings which allow UMG to invest in new revenue strategies. Our client community includes retailers, publicity partners, marketing departments, ecommerce, online distribution retailers, and various music labels within our company as well as internal UMG users.
The successful candidate will be a proactive member of the CITO App Services support team, taking a lead role resolution of incidents and providing a 2nd/3rd level customer service to application users and IT partners. The candidate will continually strive for excellence in every aspect of the working day with the aim of becoming a subject matter expert. The candidate will work closely with the CITO application support developer team members and may have the opportunity to participate in the development of one of UMG’s digital products.
The ideal candidate will understand clean code principles and be comfortable practicing Test Driven Development. This is to ensure all code produced is fit for purpose, accurate and minimal. The role will help diagnose, triage and fix production issues.
The ideal candidate will play an integral role in the growth of the company and provide input on an ongoing basis; to help maximize system uptimes and deliver successful projects on time and within budget.
The candidate will be based in London and will work with International team members from time to time.
As this role, will be supporting a Production environment, you may be required to work outside normal working hours on an exceptional basis.
- 3+ years of Microsoft C#, Visual Studio and the .Net Runtime
- 3+ years of Agile based project delivery
- 3+ years exposure to one of the following: SQL Database, NoSQL database or Cloud-based storage solutions (TableStorage, SimpleDb or DynamoDb)
- 3+ years of Test Driven Development
- An understanding of messaging-based architectures
- A good understanding of design patterns and principles e.g. SOLID and GO4
- Ability to refactor code
- Ability to work in a complex and fast-moving domain
- Ability to quickly debug code and diagnose issues using tools like NewRelic and Splunk
- A good understanding of the AWS Cloud (or similar e.g. Azure)
- Professional experience of RavenDb
- Professional experience of NServiceBus
- Professional experience of SpecFlow
- An understanding of DDD and CQRS
- Professional experience of providing out of hours support
- In depth troubleshooting / forensic analysis
- Impact analysis via understanding of interfaces and application integrations
- Back end analysis
- Performing platform support and/or writing, executing scripts
- Server analysis and troubleshooting
- Coordination between multiple resolving agencies
- Ability to recreate issues and concisely identify when an incident is a bug versus working as designed
- Escalations and respective communications to stakeholders
- Work closely with the CITO application support developer team members and respond to their guidance and support
- On occasions, attend and contribute to sprint ceremonies including planning sessions, stand-ups and retrospectives
- Understand UMG’s complex business domain and be comfortable with the existing code-based solutions
- Produce high quality code using Test Driven Development
- Be able to diagnose issues via debugging, logging and tools like NewRelic
- Have an understanding of and be able to implement design patterns (e.g. GO4), design principles (e.g. SOLID)
- Have a good understanding of C# and the .Net ecosystem including Visual Studio 2015+, asp.Net MVC and WebApi
- Be able to work with within modern front-end frameworks e.g. Angular, Knockout or Aurelia
- Be open to and embrace exposure to new architectures, cloud-based infrastructures and modern ways of working
Diversity and inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.