Royalties Accounting Coordinator
Under the Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.
How we LEAD:
The role exists to ensure accurate and timely processing of inbound license income.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Receive and log publishing and master license income generated from all sources
- Review and book all incoming receipts into the royalty system which includes physical checks, wires, and inter-company transfers
- Prepare bank deposits as needed and maintain deposit logs of received income to facilitate the tracking and forecasting of future receipts
- Process license income on a manual and upload basis, in order to report to our artists and publishing partners on an accurate and timely basis
- Research unmatched receipts and verify statement data accuracy within the royalty system
- Maintain integrity of the cross-reference database by mapping of 3rd party metadata to CCMG internal data
- Prepare journal entries for transactions affecting the assigned general ledger accounts, including routine month-end entries
- Prepare license income reconciliations as requested by UMG Corporate or UMPG
- As requested, assist in the research and analysis for royalty audits
- Maintain strong working relationships with other internal team members of the Accounting, Publishing, and A&R Admin teams, as well as external relationships such as UMG global and 3rd party royalty sources
- Other Duties as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
- Solid knowledge of basic accounting and cash application principles
- Strong organizational skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Intermediate Excel skills required, and a basic understanding of Access preferred
- Professional communication skills
- 1+ years of relevant experience
- Accounting degree preferred but will consider a music business degree combined with relevant work experience
- Ability to manage many ongoing tasks at a time
- Regularly required to sit
- Requires motor skills to operate a keyboard and basic office equipment
- Occasionally required to stand and walk
- Ability to communicate over the phone and in person
- Occasionally required to lift up to 25lbs
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish