Technical Project Manager
Job title: Technical Project Manager /Delivery Manager
Responsible to: Operations Director
Department: Audio Movers
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music UK who help make us Britain’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Audiomovers, recently acquired by Abbey Road Studios, is a tech start-up which has established a reputation as the music producer’s preferred remote collaboration tool. Launched in 2019, Audiomovers is a software product that allows music professionals to stream, listen to and record high resolution multichannel remote audio in real time, with multiple collaborators, anywhere in the world. The solution includes a set of plugins, Listento and Listento Receiver, and mobile apps, with a beta desktop application coming soon. With its support of lossless multichannel audio, up to 7.1 surround, combined with its stability and unique ability to adjust latency and bit rate, Audiomovers stands apart from other remote tools on the market. Mimicking in person collaboration and seamlessly fitting into the producer’s workflow, Audiomovers meets the high-quality expectations of thousands of music professionals across the world, from a producer working on a track with their co-writer to a large scale, scoring postproduction facility streaming multichannel audio to multiple teams and listeners at the same time.
With already proven product market fit and investment from Abbey Road Studios, Audiomovers has an aggressive growth and scale up plan for the product to reach its full potential. We are looking for the team to be part of this exciting journey.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Working with Product, Marketing, Data and Engineering (a small, distributed team of audio- engineers and full stack developers) to build and govern a robust delivery process that stems from tried and tested experience that’s high in efficiency and lean in resources. Introduce and lead Agile & Dev-Ops thinking in the business.
- Drive & oversee all aspects of multiple concurrent projects & features (including scope, requirements, planning, building flows and logic, prototyping, planning, resource allocation & reporting) to deliver business goals. Establish goals, schedules, and milestones. Manage dependencies and anticipate/resolve execution issues. Coach team members on better project delivery practices
- Understand the challenges and bottlenecks your peers face and help to remove blockers where possible to improve delivery. Adopt new practices, streamline processes, simplify execution, and bring tooling efficiencies
- Ownership of delivery all engineering processes including:
- Software product development (audio plugins, web apps, desktop apps, mobile apps)
- Ecommerce/SAAS platform/engine
- Marketing Website including integrations with marketing automation platforms, payment providers and more
- Business Analysis including data and user feedback analysis, technology research, definition of business processes and deliverables, testing, releasing, estimating costs and time requirements of projects, tracking KPIs, input into business plans. Management of demand planning, forecasting and prioritisation
- Active role in resource planning including recruitment and supplier relationships
- Technical project management/business analyst experience in software product development
- Extensive experience in delivery of software products as well as significant experience with agile development methods & tooling (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Jira) and Dev-Ops
- Strong facilitation skills (requirements gathering, design reviews, cross-functional stakeholder meetings, reporting status and schedules)
- Strong technical proficiency. Bonus points for past programming experience
- Excellent organization skills, acute attention to detail, ability to balance multiple tasks in a constantly evolving environment
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing environment, working with complex projects and handling demanding customers and stakeholders.
- An excellent communicator to all levels of the organization
- Strong commercial acumen, analytical mind with problem solving attitude
- Naturally accountable, responsible and self-motivated.
- Experience in working with remote teams
- Knowledge of technology landscape (SAAS, web, music production software) including trends and key players
- A degree in computer science or equivalent is desirable
- Previous product owner experience is a bonus
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.