Property Services Manager
Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
The Property Services department looks after all building and facilities services of 4 Pancras Square, the new home of Universal Music. The building is occupied primarily by Universal Music Group, Vivendi and StudioCanal and our mission is to deliver a dynamic and innovative service that goes above and beyond to meet their needs.
We also provide services to our 7 satellite sites based around the Greater London. The Property Services Manager will be required to go to the satellite sites from time to time as required.
We deliver a 5-star hotel service to staff and visitors alike, thinking in proactive and creative ways to drive value and service within a fun and creative environment.
The Property Services Manager will be directly responsible for the managerial and operational delivery of the following services:
- Maintenance & engineering
- Moves, adds and changes
- Building projects (fit out, office changes) and fabric works
You will also be involved in the management of all other services and the list of services you will directly manage will change from time to time to ensure cross training and overall knowledge of the building and its services.
The Property Services Manager must have a strong understanding of all services provided at 4PS: Maintenance & Engineering, Cleaning, Security, Welcome Desk, Switchboard, Postroom, Helpdesk, Audio Visual and Project Management.
The individual will have previous experience of recruiting, training and developing teams.
You will be responsible for ensuring that our UK property portfolio is managed effectively, and all appropriate systems and processes are in place to administer the FM function as well as ensuring costs and budgets are managed in accordance with UMG’s internal processes.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Management of UMG’s existing real estate portfolio, optimising costs and meeting immediate business unit needs.
- Ensuring all properties are compliant with current legislation.
- Providing a safe and healthy environment for UMG’s employees and visitors.
- Ensuring UMG maintains the appropriate compliance accreditations for our core buildings.
- Manage the property and facilities budget and associated financial processes (including monitoring of payments against invoices in accordance with contractual mechanisms) to ensure that all costs are effectively managed.
- Manage the property services department.
- Build close working relationships with the senior management team and senior administrative team.
- Nurture a strong sense of teamwork among managers and staff in the property services department.
- Support the creation and development of policies and procedures for Property Services.
- Ensure the necessary skill and competency levels are in place, developed or acquired and that a strong service ethos is inculcated and maintained.
- Be accountable for the efficient and effective provision of comprehensive client-centered services for building planning, management and facility support activities.
Sustainability is at the heart of what we do, and the Property Services Team is committed to reducing our carbon footprint and always looking at ways to reduce our impact on the planet. The Property Services Manager will be leading the way by questioning status quo and finding innovating answer to improve our systems while ensuring the best option for the business.
4 Ps for 4PS:
People – Get to know our people. They’re the soul of the business
Professionalism – Know the business, act with integrity and be respectful to everyone
Presentation – Be the face of the business: friendly, helpful and welcoming
Passion – Bring enthusiasm, energy and, most of all, a sense of fun
The B Side: Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of managing Facilities / Property Services within corporate global headquarters.
- Proven track record of managing large Facilities Teams.
- Sound knowledge of managing outsourced service providers.
- Previous experience in project management.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experienced user of FM performance measurement systems.
- Knowledge in setting up facilities systems and policies.
- Set a structured work method to the team by implementing sound procedures.
- Lead from the front by being punctual and working to the highest standards possible.
- Proven experience of managing large, multi-site teams.
- Develop the team by sharing experience, involving individuals in new projects as and when suitable and cross training individuals.
- Enables a culture of open, informed decision making.
- Communicate and influence effectively at all levels.
- Previous experience in Managing Facilities Departments.
- Proven track record of managing out-sourced services.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- A sound understanding of all aspects of professional facilities management, delivering FM to high measured standards.
- Exceptional diplomacy and Influencing skills with good written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Proactively promotes and drives change.
- Achieves results through clear leadership and team working.
- Ensures appropriate professional working standards are maintained.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Member of the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM).
- Holds NEBOSH H&S certificate.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%).
- Private Medical Insurance.
- 25 paid days of annual leave.
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan.
- Holiday Purchase scheme.
- Dental and Travel Insurance options.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Salary Sacrifice Cars.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway).
Just So You Know..
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.