Creative Director - Hip Hop & R&B
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Merchandise and commerce are becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it’s a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it’s another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG is looking for a Creative Director with a focus on hip hop and R&B to oversee and guide work across product development, design, photo and video, and campaign planning and strategy on behalf of many of the biggest and most iconic artists in the world. Bringing their vision and expertise to various departments will be crucial. This person will help to motivate, elevate, and push creative teams across disciplines, maintaining a culturally relevant and strong narrative for artists and campaigns.
This role will work across all creative departments, as well as in a cross-functional capacity with marketing, store management, and front-end development to create the best in classwork.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Oversee, motivate and elevate creative work across disciplines including product development, graphic design, web design, photography, and video
- Conceive, develop and implement concepts in partnership with various teams
- Serve as the through-line of creative vision and narrative across multiple disciplines
- Bring knowledge and understanding of hip hop & R&B landscape to multiple departments and clients
- Keep teams culturally literate and looped into bigger trends across fashion and music
- Lead brainstorming and ideation sessions to further creative vision
- Provide feedback to teams on creative concepts, deliverables, and proposals
Bring your VIBE:
- 10-12 years’ experience in a creative role
- Degree in graphic design, fine art, or related discipline
- Proven experience as a creative director, or in a similar creative role
- Hands-on experience in the creative process – concept, design development, and execution
- Excellent command of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and Keynote
- Experience with Shopify and web technologies and e-commerce is a plus
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills with a desire to motivate teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface with many different departments
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.