Senior Manager, Marketing
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) is the leading global music publisher with more than 57 offices in 47 countries. UMPG has some of the most important contemporary songwriters and artists on its global roster. UMPG is also the leading production music group in the world with a diverse and comprehensive portfolio of UPPM-owned repertoire. UPPM is the preeminent supplier of high-level production music throughout the world and serves the burgeoning business that creates, produces, and licenses music for use in film/TV, advertising, broadcast, and corporate clients.
How we LEAD:
This role will be responsible for the production and delivery of marketing and promotional materials across various departments and offices. The person will ensure that every touchpoint with UMPG reinforces our excellence and promotes UMPG as the global creative powerhouse that we are. We have a duty to portray our songwriters and their songs in the best possible way when representing or advocating for them. It's vital that all staff and departments have access to the marketing or design resources that they need, exactly when they need them.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Working with the Film & TV Sync team on the best way to represent UMPG’s writers and artists in the current film and advertising markets
- Producing samplers and e-flyers
- Producing invitations, flyers, adverts, newsletters
- Producing video showreels and sync reels
- Drawing up creative pitches for new artists and writers during the signing process, and decks for advertising & film meetings
- Developing and managing systems for internal and external email marketing
- Working with A&R to devise creative ways to make UMPG or writers and artists’ voices heard in the current digital landscape. Working with writers, artists, management and labels on marketing projects.
- Assist with materials for, or content from, writing camps
- Working with Global Admin on their decks, presentations, infographics, training and demonstration materials, RFP documents, visual assets, logos and branding
- Managing presentation materials during Zoom calls and in person meetings / pitches
- Contributing ideas or content to UMPG social media channels where required, working with Senior Manager of Social Media
- Producing and uploading content to UMPG Websites and DSP channels, where not covered by other staff. This role does not include full content management or full support of the US / Latin / Nashville websites, but may be required to assist at points.
- Training and supporting staff, departments and territories on their marketing initiatives. Providing support on internal tools and systems for staff
- Work closely with Senior Director Catalog Marketing & Strategy, providing support on projects and training for team where required
- Working on creative projects with DSPs including Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube and more - for UMPG, UMPG Sync and A&R
- Manage email signatures
- Offices/departments supported:
- LA, including sync, A&R & global admin
- New York, including sync & A&R
- LA catalog marketing – will be supporting department and the new staff member who also has a degree of marketing in their role
- Other ad-hoc marketing activity as required
Bring your VIBE:
- Exceptional understanding and experience of design, branding, digital marketing, e-flyer production and delivery, and the technologies that support these practices
- Organized and calm under pressure, strong project management skills, able to juggle and prioritize multiple projects to short turnaround times
- An excellent eye for detail, and ability to proof and sign off materials impeccably
- Able to work with stakeholders at all levels, both internally in UMPG and externally with film & TV clients, songwriters and management
- Extensive prior use of e-flyer platforms, Content Management Systems and web publishing tools
- Experience of website management and social media
- Experienced in design programmes, email marketing platforms, analytics tools
- Up to date and comprehensive awareness of the digital landscape, especially in relation to music and entertainment
- Creative flair, interest in design
- A love and deep understanding of music and the varied culture that surrounds it.
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Keynote, Photoshop or other design tools; MS Office Suite, Mailchimp or similar; website CMS such as Sitecore; basic video editing, basic coding or an understanding of web build, publishing tools, and social media platforms.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.