Manager, Marketing, Island Records
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is looking for a Manager of Marketing to be a part of Island Records Marketing team located in New York City, NY who will oversee and direct all aspects of day-to-day marketing and will partner with our label departments, artists, and managers to develop marketing campaigns and strategize the best course to market for their releases. This role will work in tandem with the various departments under the direction of the Head of Marketing.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Work with managers, artists, and internal teams to create a strong marketing campaign that is engaging fans, raising visibility, and driving commercial results
- Establish goals and targets across all departments for each campaign
- Act as the marketing lead for specific projects and labels. This includes developing the overall *global* marketing plan, budget, and strategy for the campaign and executing it
- Create weekly updates for the team highlighting growth areas and opportunities on priority releases.
- Collaborate with the digital marketing department to create innovative campaigns that engage fans utilizing pre-existing social platforms and new technologies including but not limited to Tik Tok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat
- Consistently look to find new third-party partners that can help market and promote our partners.
- Schedule digital and physical releases with production
- Implement release timelines and work with A&R, production, and creative to meet deadlines
- Coordinate with internal and external creative teams to execute photo and video shoots
- Ensure that all required deliverables are set up and release records are received. Track label copy, music assets, artwork, lyrics, and all other elements needed to release projects
- Work with finance and marketing partners to route PO’s and invoicing information
- Use insights on projects for decision making
- Advanced level artist relations experience in a consumer-focused 3+ years’ experience in music industry marketing.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have the ability to write and convey marketing strategies to the teams within the label, as well as to the management and the artist, bringing concepts to life.
- Deep knowledge of all streaming platforms including Spotify, Apple, Amazon, Tidal, etc.
- General understanding of Online Advertising, YouTube, Google, and Facebook Analytics.
- Knowledge of social media best practices and how to put together a social media plan, ad campaigns, build a fan base, etc.
- Experience strategizing and executing marketing campaigns.
- Candidates should be creative, innovative, detail-oriented, resourceful, and collaborative.
- Must be able to prioritize, multi-task, and deal with high-volume situations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including prioritization and follow-through.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office & Keynote
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.