We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
This Marketing Director role sits on the newly formed Consumer Marketing team within the central Universal Music Group team. This person will oversee day-to-day marketing and project management in partnership with our internal teams including Research + Insights, Data + Analytics, Media, CRM, Creative, and Innovation as well as label heads/managers/artists to develop marketing campaigns across artist marketing projects, audience development initiatives and long-term internal and external projects.
This role will also aid in the development of marketing strategies utilizing technology partners, digital developers, and social media. Core functions include working with internal and external partners to secure their support and participation in campaigns, working with agency partners and overseeing execution of progressive marketing strategies and campaigns.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Work closely with internal and external teams to develop and execute marketing objectives and initiatives, getting in the weeds to build campaigns from the ground up
- Oversee campaign execution with a focus on audience development
- Direct and manage creative processes for internal and external partnerships
- Manage, interpret and report on the performance of campaign initiatives in partnership with cross-functional teams
- Drive progressive marketing campaigns and inspire innovation across the team with an eye towards building new processes to make these campaigns come to life
- Manage and maintain project and campaign marketing budgets
Bring your VIBE:
- 6-8 years’ experience in marketing-related position across the music industry, sports, entertainment, etc.
- Ideally, experience in and passion for global music marketing
- Understanding of new technology and marketplace powering today and tomorrow’s music industry
- Experience in digital marketing, CRM, fan engagement and analytics
- Proven ability to build and manage strategic marketing partnerships and build process to keep these partnerships moving
- Strong grasp of collaboration and asset management tools
- Excellent presentation, communication and analysis skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and operate effectively in a high-pressured environment
- Ability to forge excellent internal communication with team members and able to build excellent professional working relationships
- Candidates should be creative, innovative, detail-oriented and resourceful
- Build and manage project budgets
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer