Office Operations Specialist
At Ingrooves Music Group, we are committed to powering creativity in today’s dynamic music marketplace by providing the best distribution, marketing, and rights management tools and services to content creators and owners. We develop state-of-the-art, cost-efficient, and scalable technology platforms. Our partners benefit from our experienced, knowledgeable people, unparalleled commitment to customer service, and thoughtful marketing solutions that drive results. We aspire to be the most transparent and solution-driven partner for all the labels and artists with whom we work.
How we LEAD:
This role is responsible for the day-to-day office operations and administration at our Encino office. This entry-level role is perfect for someone interested in gaining first-hand exposure to the way a global independent music marketing service and distribution company operates. Your ability to get things done, juggle a variety of tasks, and your desire to learn will allow you to shine. You will work with a talented and dynamic team to contribute to empowering creativity in today’s dynamic music marketplace.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Support office and visitor access badging, workspace management and office utilization reports including data compilation and analysis on space usage
- Maintain supplies and equipment in conference rooms, coordinate reservations, and support on-going maintenance, technology, and vendor relations in these areas
- Administer incoming and outgoing US mail, FedEx, and courier services, including taking certified and large FedEx packages to post office
- Order and restock supplies and signage and support on-going maintenance in kitchen, meeting rooms and other common areas
- Coordinate and serve as a contact for vendor relations and facility maintenance and repairs with Building Management relative to HVAC, lighting, and other office maintenance issues.
- Assist with the light production of documents and office records management function
- Serve as a local office safety coordinator and first responder including maintaining associated supplies and equipment
- Manage office equipment and systems including phones, mail, security, building access, network printers/copiers
- Coordinate company events such as office socials, meetings, new hire on-boarding, office reconfiguration and other special events
- Assist the business with various duties including travel arrangements, expense reports, online billing, presentation preparation, mailing of invoices, archiving and retrieval of documentation and other administrative tasks as needed
- Provide back-up support of administrative type functions to executives (i.e., manage calendars, schedules, conference calls, arrange meetings, prepare expense reports, reconcile monthly credit card expenditures, and phone support in a heavy telephone environment, etc.)
- In collaboration with UMG HR, support new hire local office processes and activities to ensure smooth on-boarding and off-boarding of employees
- Support various special projects from start to finish including working with others to ensure quality and timely completion
Bring your VIBE:
- Minimum 3 years of general office support work experience in a corporate environment
- Undergraduate degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience is preferred
- A passion for music and a fan of multiple genres of music
- Exceptional customer service, communication, organizational and process skills with the ability to continuously prioritize and support office services and project work
- Team player with a high energy level, and ability to respond to customer service issues in a timely, courteous, and professional manner
- Effective project coordination skills with ability to balance and prioritize daily responsibilities and projects work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management, decision making, critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Agile and flexible with ability to demonstrate openness to new challenges, opportunities, continuous learning, and able to easily adapt to change
- Professional presence with the ability to build strong working relationships at all levels, internal and/or external to the organization
- High energy level with excellent interpersonal skills and positive attitude
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Able to work flexible schedule and hours (including overtime) based on office support needs and associated activities
- Ability to lift 30 pounds, extensive walking, standing, and bending involved
- Reliable and dependable with an excellent attendance and punctuality record
- Main point of contact for office Covid policy implementation and enforcement
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.