We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Manufacturing & Logistics is seeking an experienced transportation management analyst to support the US physical supply chain with inbound and outbound transportation.
This role is responsible for supporting the day-to-day logistics operations with the timely scheduling and coordinating of freight in accordance with product completion dates and customer delivery demands. In addition, the role will participate in supply chain network analysis to identify consolidation and freight cost reduction opportunities.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Responsible for submitting bid requests, carrier selection, scheduling, and tracking outbound/inbound loads to ensure on-time delivery
- Create shipment paperwork, customs documents, and schedule appointments
- Maintain open communication with UMG Supply Chain Team, carriers, distribution providers, manufacturers, and suppliers
- Coordinate with Shipping Teams to execute load plan strategies for high-profile releases
- Manage shipment exceptions, including filing freight claims
- Provide proactive shipment status updates to UMG Supply Chain Team and consignee
- Prepare and publish shipment reports
- Manual entry and record updates to the Transportation Order Management System and SAP
- Analyze business needs and identify opportunities to improve operational efficiencies and reduce total delivered costs across the Supply Chain
Bring your VIBE:
- Understanding of modes of transportation, cost, and geography
- Proficient in transportation management systems (TMS) or an order management system
- Understanding and familiarity with supply chain concepts
- Able to understand, interpret, and analyze carrier tariffs
- Strong computer skills including extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to effectively relate to and communicate with people at all levels of the organization as well as vendors and customers
- High Level of attention to detail
- Knows how or where to obtain information; is resourceful.
- Ability to analyze data and trends, make educated conclusions based upon data
- Embraces teamwork; shares ideas / methods to improve performance
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Prioritizes work activities; plans and stays organized
- Manages timelines; deals effectively with the challenges of a fast pace, high pressure environment and deadlines
- Takes independent action and works autonomously
- Takes initiative and seeks increased responsibilities
- Experience in consumer products, retail operations, or e-commerce is preferred
- 3 years’ experience and proven, positive track record as a Transportation Analyst, Logistics Analyst or Transportation Coordinator or in a comparable role
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a customer or vendor facing role
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved one
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.