JOB OPPORTUNITY – EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
(13 MONTH CONTRACT)
Closing Date: October 31, 2019
Universal Music Canada is Canada’s leading music company, engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content. Home to the most comprehensive catalogue of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMC is committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship in broadening opportunities for our artists on both the domestic and world stages as well as creating new experiences for fans.
Universal Music Canada is part of Universal Music Group, the world leader in music-based entertainment.
We are searching for creative, innovative and passionate people to join our team. If you love marketing and got excited just thinking about joining this amazing organization, we would love to meet you!
The Executive Assistant is a key member of the Executive team and supports the Executive Vice President/General Manager with the execution of all day-to-day administrative tasks. The ideal candidate is professional, personable, detail-oriented, organized, sharp, quick on their feet and able to juggle multiple tasks in an ever-changing work environment with enthusiasm. This role also provides back up support for the Executive Assistant to the President & CEO.
- Organize and coordinate the day-to-day schedule of the Executive Vice President/General Manager including the coordination of external and internal meetings, travel arrangements and accommodations, answering calls, taking messages, preparing outgoing correspondences, presentations and agendas.
- Provide all-encompassing administrative support including but not limited to processing invoices and expenses, compiling weekly and monthly reports, taking notes in various meetings, ordering concert tickets, keeping track of follow-up items, opening/sending out mail and maintaining files.
- Ensure ongoing smooth uninterrupted operation of the Executive’s office.
- Anticipate issues and initiate appropriate action to ensure the most effective use of the Executive’s time.
- Back up support for the EA to the President & CEO when necessary on a variety of Administrative & Executive Office Management duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years administrative experience supporting an executive member, preferably in the entertainment industry.
- Friendly and enthusiastic personality with a professional demeanor in dealing with the public.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills with a high comfort level in dealing with senior management and individuals at all levels.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills, with the ability to prioritize, take on multiple tasks, meet deadlines and to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Discreet while dealing with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong sense of responsibility and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Reliable and dependable with strong work ethics.
- A passion for improving work processes for the team and for the company.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Please apply before October 31, 2019
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Universal Music Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.