Bravado International Group is the only global, 360-degree full-service merchandise company, develops and markets high-quality licensed merchandise to a worldwide audience. The company works closely with new and established entertainment clients, creating innovative products carefully tailored to each artist or brand. Product is sold on live tours, via selected retail outlets and through Web-based stores. Bravado also licenses rights to an extensive network of third-party licensees around the world. The company maintains offices in London, Los Angeles, New York, Berlin, Paris, Tokyo and Sydney. Under the Universal Music Group umbrella, Bravado is able to leverage a global sales and distribution network from the world’s largest record company, as well as the group’s significant marketing strength.
The Technical Designer will be responsible for establishing all technical specs for a multitude of departments and categories including but not limited to Men’s, Women’s, Junior’s Young Men’s, Kids & Baby knits, woven, outerwear, loungewear & apparel related accessories. Must have comprehensive experience in all aspects of technical design and garment construction. This role is responsible for product uniformity and consistency on the fit, quality and construction of all product.
What Bandmember Are You?
- Conduct fittings on body form with Product Development, Production & Design and accurately determine fit issues and communicate corrections verbally and in writing via fit comments
- Adhere to development & production deadlines
- Creating initial specs for all new development based on design concepts
- Maintain and establish block body library, fit & construction standards
- Evaluate all protos and production fit samples for measurements, construction & workmanship to ensure quality
- Understand fabrics and how specifications impact garment fit – stretch, recovery, modulus, etc.
- Partner with design/sourcing department to engineer product construction to meet target pricing
- Communicate daily with international and domestic vendors regarding product development and production fit samples
How You Will Rock Your Role:
- 5-7 years of experience in technical design
- Detail-oriented with strong communication skills
- Able to organize and prioritize multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable; priorities change frequently based on business demands
- Able to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communicator with the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Pattern making skills a plus
- Proficiency with Optiex a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
What’s in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.