Manager, Data Analytics, Bilingual (English/Spanish
Universal Music Latin Entertainment (UMLE) is the world’s leading Latin entertainment company with operations in the United States and Mexico. The company is home to some of the most prolific names in Latin music, including Juanes, Alejandro Fernandez, Marco Antonio Solís, Los Tigres del Norte, Don Omar, Luis Fonsi, Juan Gabriel, Gloria Trevi, Café Tacvba, Belanova and Juan Magan, amongst many others. UMLE’s labels include Universal Music Latino, Machete Music, Capitol Latin, Fonovisa, Disa, Universal Music Mexico and GTS, the company’s artist management and booking division.
How we LEAD:
The data analyst Manager will be in charge of mining data from primary and secondary sources and analyzing market trends, data insights and sales information about our music and catalogue in order to identify key challenges and opportunities and work with the different stakeholders to optimize company’s performance. The position will report to the SVP of Commercial.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Analyze trends across digital music platforms and consumer data.
- Produce recommendations and action plans to optimize sales and marketing and address key challenges.
- Identify and have an extensive knowledge of all data and insight tools available across the company and manage relationship with central data teams.
- Share regular analysis and insights with the commercial and marketing team.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis, reports and presentations as needed.
- Develop data analysis tools and dashboards to interpret trends and prepare performance analysis and campaigns recaps.
- Collect and share best practices.
Bring your VIBE:
- 1-3 years of practical experience
- Strong Analytical and project management skills.
- Mathematical and statistical skills.
- Knowledge in SQL and experience in managing big data and building data dashboard using DOMO and/or TABLEAU and/or Data Studio
- Familiarity with R or Python is a plus to develop advanced analytics.
- Candidate must show high interest in new technologies and show a good understanding of the current digital music ecosystem and technologies.
- Candidate must have a pro-active “customer service” attitude for internal and external customers.
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills.
- BA/BS degree.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.