We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
We are currently seeking an eager and exceptional Coordinator. This position will provide key support to the Finance team by ensuring that required business unit payments are handled with accuracy and in a timely fashion. Additionally, this role will assist in pulling data and relevant information needed for financial analysis and reporting and will support the team on various projects as the need arises.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Provide support with the management of Marketing budgets for two labels and their subsidiaries.
- Work with the Financial Operations team to complete vendor setups and other Accounts Payable tasks.
- Process a high volume of invoices within Uniport and ensure all invoices are UMG compliant.
- Provide Uniport training and support as needed.
- Code and create overhead and marketing purchase orders (according to specific artist contract deals) for third-party vendors.
- Complete Marketing project setups in SAP.
- Process same day and wire payment requests, including checking dollar amounts, documentation, approvals, and GL coding.
- Interface with the label departments and third-party vendors to resolve any discrepancies or invoice issues.
- Perform various month end closing tasks, journal entries, and audits and resolve any budget discrepancies.
- Create and manage excel reports outlining budget summaries to assist marketing departments with quarterly planning.
- Day to day interaction with users across all UMG business units in the U.S.
- Other general administration duties as needed.
Bring your VIBE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Must be able to keep information confidential
- Strong written, verbal communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to work within a diverse environment and develop working relationships across the departments and at all levels
- Ability to work effectively under high pressure and demanding situations
- Detail-oriented and extremely accurate data entry skills
- Demonstrated success with systems/data management
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with conflicting priorities
- Initiative and self-motivation, requiring minimal supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Some SAP and previous experience with Accounts Payable is a plus
- 1-2 years in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits, and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.