Manager, eCommerce Customer Support Operations
We at UMG are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
UMG eCommerce & Label Services is seeking an enthusiastic, detail-oriented eCommerce Customer Support Operations Manager to work within the Merchandise and E-Commerce Department.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Partner with cross-functional eCommerce store management, order management, labels and production teams to deliver on-time proactive consumer messaging regarding order status or product changes and ensure adherence to strict delivery deadlines for these communications
- Review and analyze order management data to build custom, targeted customer lists and deploy curated, well written messages to those customers via email marketing tools such as Zendesk, Mailchimp, DotDigital
- Manage and maintain information database of outgoing customer messaging and ensure accurate tracking and reporting of key data points.
- Support Customer Service efforts to quickly and effectively resolve customer issues by consulting with
cross-functional teams daily on open customer issues that need label attention for resolution
- Work with platform vendors to maintain peak systems performance and support the implementation of technology updates to ensure consistent delivery of optimal solutions for the Customer Service team
- Oversee quality assurance analysis and general process implementation of AI bot system
- Help to identify and lead or delegate department projects as needed
- Uphold the policies of the E-Commerce and Merchandising department as stated in the UMG Customer Care Help Center.
Schedule and Shifts
- Position is currently remote from home but is subject to change in the coming months
- Normal business hours are 9a-6p EST; individuals are expected to be available online via Zoom, Slack and Outlook during these hours while working remotely
- As a salaried (exempt) position, business needs may change so schedule flexibility is required.
Bring your VIBE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field required
- 3+ years project management or operations management experience
- 3+ years customer service or related experience
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with proven ability to work effectively with end consumers as well as multiple levels throughout the organization to help ensure positive customer experiences
- Ability to recognize situations that need to be escalated to senior management
- Analytical thinker: able to make meaningful decisions based on each situation.
- Excellent follow-up skills and 100% follow through on commitments.
- Result and action-oriented, resourceful and efficient
- Strong work ethic, highly motivated, upbeat personality, team player
- Email marketing experience (creating, writing, proofreading, sending with Mailchimp and DotDigital) preferred
- Strong computer skills; Microsoft Office (specifically Excel)
- Ability to pull reporting, create Excel formulas, read and analyze data
- Monday.com project management tool experience preferred
- Internet research skills
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.