Creative Director, Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Interscope Geffen A&M Records (“IGA”) is home to some of the biggest artists in the world including: U2, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, Lady Gaga, and many more. As a leader in the music industry, we are always looking for talented and driven individuals to join our family. We are currently hiring a Creative Director to be based in Coral Gables, FL.
How we LEAD:
The Creative Director will be responsible for establishing the aesthetic vision of IGA Miami’s artist roster, its artists and releases through the creation of multimedia assets in partnership with marketing, sales, publicity, and senior leadership teams.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Provide guidance and creative leadership on the development of visual assets for IGA Miami’s artist roster, including video, photography and digital media
- Contribute innovative ideas and develop tools and strategies to meet IGA’s marketing, publicity and sales team objectives
- Leverage experience to deliver results within established budgets
- Tap into a network of creative talent e.g. photographers, illustrators, videographers, art directors, writers, editors and others.
- Ideate with artist, manager and internal label team on look and feel for each campaign and ensure that all visual content is consistent with the project’s vision.
- Evaluate video content needs in conjunction with A&R and Marketing within budget (e.g. psuedos, lyric videos, vertical videos, official videos, etc.)
- Work with artist management on artist creative needs, shoot schedules, etc.
- Conduct calls and meetings with artists/directors leading up to shoot day to ensure creative is aligned
- Liaise with the Brand team to seek product placement opportunities and assist with pitching process
- Assist Digital Product Managers with the strategy and creation of social media content
- Develop D2C opportunities in connection with music videos or photo shoots
- Review and negotiate production budgets
- Attend and supervise video shoots
- Supervise editing, color-correction and beauty clean-up process
- Oversee product placement integrations
- Obtain approvals from all stakeholders (i.e. artist/management, IGA team, director)
- Ensure compliance with network, union (SAG-AFTRA) and legal standards
- Update creative pool database on a regular basis
- Identify and solicit photographers, art directors and graphic designers
- Determine photo needs for publicity purposes (U.S. + International)
- Review and sign-off on budgets
- Attend and supervise photo shoots
- Ensure compliance with legal standards (contracts, releases, etc,)
- Oversee creation of additional assets such as logos, admats, billboards, etc.
Bring your VIBE:
- 8+ years in the creative space, preferably in music
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Knowledge of Latin music and the Latin market
- Strong connections in the creative community in US and Latin America
- Advanced problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Strong knowledge of AICP budget format and crew rates
- Strong knowledge of set etiquette, post-production process, formats, specs and techniques
- Travel required 40-50% domestic/international
- BA degree in creative, marketing or a related field
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.