Director, Digital Marketing
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Interscope Geffen A&M Records (“IGA”) is home to some of the biggest artists in the world including U2, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, Lady Gaga, and many more. As a leader in the music industry, we are always looking for talented and driven individuals to join our family.
How we LEAD:
Interscope is currently seeking a Director, Digital Marketing for our Santa Monica, CA office. The Director will spearhead digital marketing initiatives for the label’s Hip Hop and R&B roster. They are responsible for building out the digital, mobile and social components of an artist’s overall marketing plan – including but not limited to: digital promotions, artists website development and optimization, fan acquisition and engagement, creation/implementation of digital tools and products to increase fan engagement, paid media campaigns, etc.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Define, plan, and execute digital marketing campaigns for a roster of artists.
- Lead the creation and utilization of all artist websites and social networks with updates, posts news, content, etc. Will also be involved in the development of artist's websites, other digital and mobile protocols, including wireframing, user experience design and feature requisition.
- Contribute to the design and creation of the artist's digital assets, including photo and video content.
- Heavy research of artist communities and word-of-mouth analysis (reading and analyzing blogs, other artist sites, etc.).
- Quantify the success and efficiency of digital promotions, paid media campaigns, eCommerce efforts, social engagement and partnerships via various analytics tools.
- Manage relationships with top-level artists, managers, and other partners.
- Discover new sites and outlets to promote artists and maintain relationships with key sites and partners.
- Filter results of analysis and present it to the internal departments.
- Measure and analyze overall campaign performance and provide insights and key learnings to other departments.
- Track-specific milestones, including email, social and advertising conversion rates, plays and views, number of fans acquired, campaign spend and ROI against project goals.
- Drive direct to consumer revenue from recorded music sales, merchandise, ticketing, advertising, and subscription.
- Create and manage database marketing campaigns to find new fans and optimize conversions.
- Identify viral, digital word-of-mouth marketing opportunities with the goal of driving traffic, fan acquisition, and creating brand awareness for artists.
- Work with visual and art departments on digital content creation, optimization, and scheduling.
- Partner with internal departments (marketing, programming, production, press, research and program enterprises) to execute effective interactive strategies.
Bring your VIBE:
- Must have 7-10+ years of experience in digital marketing within the music industry, preferably at a major label.
- Strong analytical background and ability to create and update reports.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams (strong project management, organization, and communication skills)
- Ambitious individual sought who is a self-starter requiring minimal direction.
- Excellent communication oral and written skills are a must. Candidate will be collaborating with presenting campaigns to and contextualizing results for a broad audience every week.
- Social strategy and paid media planning experience preferred.
- Must be proficient with using Excel, PowerPoint or Keynote, Photoshop, video editing software (Premiere or Final Cut), and comfortable with collaboration and asset management tools like Google Drive, Dropbox, Evernote, Basecamp and the like.
- Must thrive in a team environment but be able to take initiative and work independently.
- Candidate must have strong computer knowledge of various music applications and excellent knowledge of the Internet.
- Candidate must be motivated, creative, innovative, organized, detail-oriented and accustomed to working under tight deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer