Manager, Supply Chain, (Manufacturing Vinyl/CD's)
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
We are a leading Consumer Products Company in the Media and Entertainment Sector. We produce, distribute and promote the most acclaimed and commercially successful entertainment product to delight and entertain fans around the world. The specific group is responsible for managing the end to end Supply Chain to set up, manufacture and distribute time sensitive media product to a very demanding retail and consumer market.
The Manager, Catalog is responsible for managing all Supply Chain processes pertaining to Catalog product for all UMG Labels. This position is responsible for setting up bill of materials and any associated pricing, purchase order placement and management, as well as coordination of inventory planning processes with manufacturing vendors, distribution and the inventory management team.
How you’ll CREATE:
Procurement and Inventory Planning
- Work with assigned labels to determine and set up bills of materials (BOM’s) and provide any necessary pricing
- Determine inventory requirements for Catalog titles and ensure purchase orders are accurately placed in a timely manner
- Track critical path milestones for Catalog titles and procure finished goods and raw materials through product life cycle
- Act as account representative for all inquiries relating to inventory positions
- Participate in key meetings pertaining to Catalog titles and Campaigns
- Provide excellent customer service to all assigned labels, including providing timelines, pricing and reporting for all activity
- Performs special projects and ad hoc analysis as requested by management or as required for their assigned accounts
- Provide inventory management team with forecasted shipment needs in order to assist with supply chain planning
Process & System Enhancement
- Assists with the development of processes, system enhancements, and reports (e.g., Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to facilitate execution of responsibilities
Bring your VIBE:
- 3-5 years of experience preferred in a production or planning role with a particular emphasis on production planning, inventory planning and analysis
- Experience in consumer products, wholesale, retail, or manufacturing environment is preferred
- Demand planning and/or procurement system experience preferred
- Supply Chain domain knowledge
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Economics or related field; or equivalent experience
- Ability to analyze data and trends, make educated conclusions based upon data, and execute transactions driving real results
- Ability to apply learned forecast analytics
- Experience in extracting and segmenting data to facilitate data analysis
- Adept at implementing and/or designing statistical metrics
- Working knowledge of Supply Chain analytical concepts
- Expresses written ideas, thoughts, or facts in a clear, convincing, and organized way
- Embraces teamwork; shares ideas/methods to improve performance
- Can seamlessly manage multiple projects and priorities
- Manages timelines; deals effectively with the challenges of a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (MS, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Visio)
- Strong Excel skills required
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.