Coordinator, Audience Growth
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
UMe is presently seeking a Coordinator, Audience Growth in the company’s Santa Monica, CA location reporting to the VP of Marketing/Audience Growth. The foundations of the Audience Growth team include Insights, Community Engagement, Strategy, and Data Collection. Core functions involve supporting the Audience Growth team’s marketing efforts in the creation and implementation of digital campaigns to increase fan engagement, developing our owned audiences across platforms, working with external partners to secure their support, and executing innovative digital marketing strategies.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Work closely with the Audience Growth leads to support them in the execution and implementation of digital marketing campaigns and strategic audience development strategies (increasing lean forward listeners, monthly listeners, subscribers, international consumption growth, etc)
- Assist in project execution by leading on the building of the campaign focused initiatives and tools– i.e. listening parties, lens creation, social assets, social calendar development
- Oversee and execute maintenance of the UMG Catalog website & select artist websites
- Assist in setting up meeting invites and taking thorough notes to distribute after key meetings
- Assist in playlist pitching for Snapchat and TikTok & tracking the updates to these playlists
- Understanding and interest of general digital marketing data points from social media, CRM, and digital advertising
- Creative and proactive in bringing progressive digital marketing campaigns and inspiring ideas to the team
- Be a trusted team member and understand how collaborate with the broader Audience Growth team, and other teams at UMe including Marketing, International, Content Marketing, Commercial, Radio, Production, A&R and International
Bring your VIBE:
- Bachelor’s preferred.
- 1-2+ years of experience in marketing, communications, creative agency, or similar fields.
- Experience in global music digital marketing, ideally working across genres
- Understanding of the technology and marketplace powering today and tomorrow’s music industry
- Knowledge of advertising, CRM, fan engagement and analytics and curiosity and openness to learn
- Proven ability to communicate and be a trusted team member
- Excitement and understanding of new digital trends, memes, and platforms
- Strong grasp of collaboration and asset management tools
- An unquenchable thirst for innovation, experimentation and reinvention
- Passion for bringing music to the world in innovative ways
- Ability to handle multiple projects and operate effectively in a high-pressured environment
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.