We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Interscope Geffen A&M Records (“IGA”) is home to some of the biggest artists in the world including: U2, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, Lady Gaga, and many more. As a leader in the music industry, we are always looking for talented and driven individuals to join our family.
How we LEAD:
IGA is currently seeking a Creative Coordinator in Santa Monica, CA.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Managing video / photo / art process - trafficking and obtaining approvals internally + externally
- Maintaining + distributing approved creative assets internally to respective departments
- Helping to source new creative talent – directors, photographers, production companies, reps, designers, stylists, hair, makeup
- Oversee execution of time sensitive production invoices/payments to 3rd party vendors and artist/mgmt. teams.
- Archiving final approved delivered assets + corresponding hard drives / files / elements.
- Adapt all contracts within the department for art / photo / music video / misc content
- Maintain appointment schedule; planning, updates, and notifications as necessary
- Arrange extensive travel plans and artist travel parties
- Hit tight deadlines with a can-do attitude
- Oversee general BTS/b-roll/misc content shoot needs within in the department to free up senior team members
- Turn around projects on a tight deadline
Bring your VIBE:
- General Adobe expertise
- Proficient with organizing budgets in Microsoft Excel
- Strong computer skills required: MS Office Suite
- Exceptional eye for details
- Amazing communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build positive relationships with others and take direction when need be
- Excellent organizational & communication skills both oral and written
- Multi-tasking and follow-up
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize, organize and establish administrative procedures and work under pressure
- Ability to handle confidential information and interact with high-level executives
- Able to problem solve and come up with solutions quickly and calmly
- Considered a plus but not required: being connected within the creative industry (photographers, glam, graphic designers, re-touch artist)
- Interest in creative field is helpful, but not required
- Interest in photography, graphic design, fashion, music, pop culture a plus
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.